Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Gameboy Color style RPG, need artists, audio, story

A topic by curtastic created Jun 29, 2020 Views: 180 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (6 edits)

Hi I'm looking for pixel artists and musicians and a story writer to make an RPG that plays in a small gameboy frame.  See example that I made that works on phones too http://curtastic.com/gbframe/test.html

I'm inspired by Pokemon and Final Fantasy. I know there won't be enough time to make a game like that so here's my plan:

Version 1: 8x8 Game Jam

A story-based game where you walk around the world, enter buildings/caves, talk to people, find items that help you get to your goal.

After this jam, there's a small "Improve My Game Jam" coming up on July 23rd where we could add some more features to the game.

Version 2: Lowres Game Jam 

Lowres (64x64) Game Jam starts on July 31st. There we could make the sequel and re-use all the assets, since the game will already be 64x64. We'd add battles and enemies to fight.

Version 3: JS13k Game Competition 

Starting August 13th. That jam has prizes. There we'd make version 3 of the game, though not be able to use the music because that would be too large of files. Not sure how much we can fit in 13k, hopefully we can have a big world and add more enemies instead of just cutting things out so that it fits in 13kb.

I'm coding it in JavaScript, so I'll make it work on browsers and phones too. I have published games to the App Store and Play Store in the past, and made some money from them, so that will be an option if we finish it. So if you're looking to have a published app on your resume, this could be a good opportunity, though no promises that we'll actually finish it.

Can i help i kind make simple rpg sprite....

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago

okay wait

Hey! I would love to write music for your game. I've been an active musician for about 12 years, with about 10 years dedicated to studying various forms of classical music and 4 years dedicated to studying various forms of jazz. I have composition experience under my belt, but I must admit I'm a bit of a noob at it, and I've never gotten the opportunity to write music for an actual game. If you would give me this opportunity I would be very grateful!

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago

curt im urkidden11 from discord