Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Ambitious Goals for this Game

A topic by ImperialDawnAudio created Feb 18, 2022 Views: 306 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(1 edit)

This is a jam what I have been looking for. I would love to join a team in creating an amazing game that is engaging and replay-able. I would love to assist in enhancing the quality of your game through an immersive soundtrack.

My name is John-Henri and I am the lead composer at Imperial Dawn Audio https://www.imperialdawnaudio.com

Feel free to have a chat with me or if you have any questions.

Warm regards

Wow, welcome to the jam then! I bet the teams will love you! I'm a bit too early in my dev career to request anything like what you offer, but it's so awesome to see an advanced dev joining forces!

(1 edit)

I would like to hear what you have in store for us Styxcolor! I have had trouble finding people that are ambitious and that have goals beyond game jams. I hope to find others that are like-minded in some of these game jams.

Thank You for the welcoming!

John-Henri

Oh, I see! If this is the case, my long term goal is to make RPGs and/or horror games in a small or medium sized team. At the moment I'm following my only new year's resolution - taking part in at least one game jam a month to build my skillset, make connections to fellow devs and learn about what is out there and what I could be doing.  For this jam in specific I will write my first and rather small visual novel to test the waters whether this medium could be something for me. What's your plan? 

That is awesome!

I have a similar intention. I would like to get to know the people that have a strong sense of game development and that know how to make a great game. I want to learn how some teams work and how it may be different from others. I want to make friends and meet people I can work with.

I am excited to see what you do!

John-Henri

(1 edit)

Hey ImperialDawnAudio, we are hoping to make a game that is fun to play with gameplay mechanics similar to Coffee Talk or VA-11 HALL-A but with a Horror theme, so a person experienced in making audio like that would be really cool to work with. Honestly, we don't have any plans on when to start working on the game because we are also working during the day and don't know when we will have time which is why we chose this jam as well. Also we are not very experienced with storytelling and we just want to create a fun game with an interesting gameplay loop.

If you want to make a game like that then we'd be happy to work with you, you can check out the previous stuff we made on our profile!

Hey Back & Body Hurts , 5 Years is a very long time and a lot can be done even when it's just here and there. I am very interested in the idea of a horror themed game. I would like to hear more about what you are aiming for by the end of the jam and the general scope of this as well!

Thank you

John-Henri

That's good to hear ImperialDawnAudio!

We will think about the idea/concept we will aim for and contact you most likely sometime after the jam start 馃槉

Perfect!

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

John-Henri

Hello there! Welcome to the jam! I'm also a music composer (or at least aspiring to be one) and I wanted to kindly ask you if you'd be open to one day having a chat with me, as I'm trying to get into the video game music industry and I'm sure with your experience you'd be able to give some valuable advice, although only if you're okay with it!

I hope you have a great time in here and I'm sure people will be excited to see a bigger name getting involved with this, maybe if you'd like as well we could even collab for the jam in the future, I'm sure I could learn a lot from you! 

Well, with that being said, I hope you have a really nice day and that we can have a chat one of these days! 

Hey adriikko!

I would love to have a chat with you! I too want to learn from others and I am also open to helping others. Feel free to connect on LinkedIn or my discord BrutalBob_8#6543. I will help the best I can and I am sure you will teach me a lot too!

Thanks for the contact!

John-Henri

That's great to hear, thanks! I'll hit you up as soon as possible through discord, looking forward to meeting you! 

hi im kinda new to music and am currently taking it as one of my gcses. very quick question, what is your tips for composition and are there any free daws like lmms you could reccommend to get started. thanks in advance

Hi there scebab!

It is great to see that you show interest in music composition! In terms of Free DAWs, it is difficult to recommend especially not having knowledge on all of them but also some are stronger in some aspects rather than others. Like Pro Tools First has limitations, but as a starter DAW for music production it is great to learn. It is a steep learning curve, but it will definitely help you in the long run for audio production in general. Most DAWs generally have the same concept of how they work and what they do. There are some that are completely different and throw you off. But learning Pro Tools First, with it being a more advanced DAW, will give you the knowledge and the tools to navigate and use other more intuitive DAWs like Logic Pro and Cubase.

Free DAWs that you can have a look at is FL Studio, Studio One, Ableton Live Lite, GarageBand, Cubase LE, Ohm Studio.

Depending on what OS you are one (Mac or Windows) will depend what you can and cannot use.

For Mac, GarageBand is literally Logic's little sibling. It is very useful, intuitive and powerful for a free product.

A not free but very CHEAP option is REAPER. This DAW is powerful and only costs about 60 USD.

I hope this helps you for the DAW question. Composition tips is another reply.

John-Henri

Hi there scebab!

In terms of composition tips, it is very difficult to give tips on composition without specific questions.

Some quick tips that I can generalise:

• Do not overthink.
  • Trust your ears.
  • Understand the purpose of your composition.
  • Consider perspectives ( not only from the compositions point-of-view, but also from a standpoint of criticism ).
  • Believe in yourself.

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it is a difficult question. Feel free to message me or reply on this thread for any specific questions.

Best wishes

John-Henri

tysm for your advice. ill put it to good use