Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Disposable Heroes!

A topic by Sandy Pug Games created Sep 19, 2019 Views: 211 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I can't believe it. SPG went ahead and made a jam game without even knowing about the jam.

Disposable Heroes takes the Powered By The Apocalypse toolkit and throws out one of its most iconic aspects - the playbooks. In their place we have a deck of cards, each of which has a sort of micro-character. One class move, a weapon, some stats, and an animal. That's it. They take one hit, and they die, replaced with the next card you draw. This makes for some really fun, frenetic gameplay where players are constantly cycling through new abilities and playstyles. It's rad.

The setting and theme are based around some games we love here at SPG - Jet Set Radio, Lethal League, Hover, that kind of really funky fresh electro-punk styling. You play as package delivery people, trying to get demons and liches their packages on time, which makes for a v different vibe than most RPGs. You're not here to kill someone and save the day, you've got a job to do.

I asked permission, and it's apparently cool to submit an active Kickstarter to the jam, so I'm hyped to join you all here today, check out our KS over here - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/disposable-heroes-0

We also threw together a quick AP that shows off some of the rules, take a look!

Submitted(+1)

Very cool! I will have to keep an eye on that.

Submitted(+1)

I love the design of this game, and the awesome graffiti graphic look. There's so much to love here!

Submitted

Thank you both so much! This jam has some fantastic stuff in it - Adrian the Duet Of Steel is, as a fenced myself, super intriguing to me. Gonna sit down with it over the weekend