SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Explosions & Dragons

A topic by vashgard created Sep 12, 2019 Views: 155 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+1)

So, in short this is my idea:

1º - EVERYTHING have 1HP, and I mean every single thing  in the game: orcs, dragons, Swords, trees, stones...

2º - EVERYTHING that loses its hit points...explodes. 

To hurt anything, you have to overcome a confrontational roll of force against resistance: a success the objective explodes, a failure nothing happens, a critical failure and it is your weapon that explodes (a critical failure punching a stone and it could be you who explodes ...)

Weapon skill will be very important, as it will allow you to deflect the hit to your weapon or your shield, although in that case they could explode and you will be in danger.

The fighting will become extremely dangerous, forcing you to look for other less risky strategies and your weapons, armor or shields may blow up in the middle of the fight, forcing you to retire.

On the other hand, new ways of dealing with puzzles and dungeons are created, since everything is destructible: doors, walls, chests, tables, chairs, horses...

Submitted

Is there a chance of explosions damaging other things, thereby setting off chain reactions of explosions? Presumably you wouldn't want it to be too easy, or you'd stab a tree and the whole world would explode, but it might be fun. 

Well, maybe is the translation to English, but I was thinking more in a "Blow up" than a "fire explosion", so when a tree explodes, it didn't hurt enough other things to making then explode too.

At first, I didn't think on "chain explosion", but you give me the idea that this world could have some items designed to hurt your enemies when it blows up, like a spike maze that throw spikes when explodes, spike shields, etc