SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Acceptable Minimum length Of the game

A topic by Mutagen R. created Sep 15, 2023 Views: 95 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(1 edit)

Hi

Sorry for coming back again with another noob question.  I have never taken part in an adventure game jam so  gotta ask this. What is the  minimum  length of game I have to make for it to be considered a legit entry? I suppose it is more about the story thread and how much of it is resolved within the jam entry, instead of  time/duration . But it would be great to hear it from someone experienced here.

Thanks!

Submitted(+1)

Last year I got dinged in the judgment for not exactly having story closure.  I'm not an expert here but having played some of the games last year they ran the gamut from complete (but simple story) to barely a game at all.  So, the answer is I don't think there's a minimum but it would behoove you to keep it simple and complete rather than ambitious and not quite all there.  As far as length is concerned mine was about fifteen minutes probably but there I really don't think this matters as much as having a complete narrative.  Like, a setup and payoff even if it's only an eight minute game.

Awesome! Many thanks for responding.