Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Please Do Not Mock Entrants Games

A topic by Portrait Prophecies created Jun 21, 2019 Views: 284 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+2)(-7)

We will not be participating in this "jam" however we would just like to point out that you should not mock any entrants games that you play, jam hoster. As our attention was drawn to this by the fact that you have put a "disclaimer" in the jam rules, villainizing any jam participant who may get upset when you mock their game; in the Youtube video you post of yourself playing it.

People put a lot of effort into making games for competition, practice and passion; and having some stranger online belittle their game for the sake of artificially making their Youtube video "funnier" is exclusively hurtful; and destructive to their self esteem as a developer. Especially when developers are purposely watching said video because they wish to see people play their game and have fun, as well as receive potential feedback; and instead all they get is insecure mockery.

If you are unable to maintain a basic level of human respect then you should consider not hosting a game jam, until you have matured to a degree at which you no longer find hurting the feelings of others to be entertaining or acceptable.

That is all, we will not be responding or reading any responses on this matter. Have a good day.

Host(+4)

Look if someone posts a game that has nothing to do with the game jam or have made a game for another jam and posted it to my jam? How is that fair to the others that took the time to make a game in the week time? Its not fair so in that case yes i will make fun of the game.  Glad to see you have moved on this jam is not for you and it is way I posted such a rule.  If you take the time and make a game regardless if there is no content I think im fair. Thank you for your opinion.

Submitted(+3)

He literally says right away that he is going to poke fun at the games, so people go into this jam knowing that. Developers
need to stop taking themselves so seriously if they really want to get good at this.  I use to get upset when I first started
when people would rip on my crappy little jam games, but now I find it funny and poke fun at my games as well. Shit, Indies have
it pretty good compared to all the crap that get's hurled at AAA studios. Lookin' forward to this jam!

Host(+2)

Ain't that the truth.  

I think you're making this a little more serious than it actually is... but go off i guess. Seems like someone got their feelings hurt.