Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Mouse click?

A topic by Drunk Bunny Games created Nov 19, 2018 Views: 316 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(+1)

Can a mouse click be considered "one button" even if you have to move the mouse to different sections of the game area? For example, say if a mouse click controlled a sprite that moved to where you clicked and automatically did "something" at that click point? Or would that be considered mouse click AND mouse movement?

Host

If you have to move the mouse, it's not considered a one button game anymore, no! :D

OK, so essentially, mouse button clicks are not really practical, as the chances of your hand staying perfectly still are pretty much nil! I guess I'll come up with another idea.

Hm, sorry if I'm being dumb here but it looks like the entries already use Left mouse click as the primary button? So...how would they be classed as one button games since you'd need to move the mouse to determine where to click?

Submitted

@Feldo ... can we have a button that needs to me pressed by mouse ... is that legal ?

Host

Mouse clicks are ok if the game doesn't use the coordinates of the mouse.

Host

I'm talking about the main game.

For the menus, it's more complicated to stay with 1 button. If you can do it, that's awesome, but if you don't that's ok.