Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Discord? Where is the money coming from? Foreigner Money? Longer Time?

A topic by Coraff; created Jun 12, 2020 Views: 337 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hi, I have a couple of questions:

1.  Is there a Discord server currently, if not, then can you make one, it's pretty common for game Jams to have one, also, it brings the community together and people could ask questions, or team-up in it.
  2. Who is funding this? because 175$ which is the total of 100$, 50$, 25$, is a lot of money
  3. I live in Qatar, and want to ask about the money prizes as I am not in the U.S. Anyways, aren't amazon gift cards codes? They still have thiswhich is e-Gift Cards, right unless you don't like these stuff, which I have no problems with.
  4. Can you please make it 3 days, I think you won't get a lot of finished games, because it's unfortunately not that big, and whoever doesn't have that much time, could still submit something in whatever time he wants, it's still your opinion tho.

Thanks

Host (1 edit) (+1)
  1. Sure. Here's a link to a discord server I set up. I'll also put this in the description of the jam.
  2. Aspect Manufacture is funding this. We are a games company from America, and we have day jobs, so we're able to put up the money ourselves.
  3. I believe Amazon Gift Cards are region locked to the country you buy the code in, but I'm not sure. In the description of the jam we state that we can likely only provide these to US residents for this reason, but we can try to work something out if you win. 
  4. It is three days. It starts Thursday night and runs until Sunday night. That is three full days.  If this doesn't end up being enough time for people, then we might be able to allow late submissions. But this is a weekend jam, hence the duration. It is meant to be a challenge.
Submitted

Thanks for everything, Joined the server and will probably be joining the jam, i also have another two questions

1.  Doesn't the game jam reveal the theme at its start or is there no theme, and we could choose on of the three Optional Themes
  2. I forgot what the second point was, if I remember it I'll post it in this community thread, excited for the weekend
Submitted

My username in the discord is legalaged pizza box#7391. For some reason, I have been banned an cannot rejoin the discord server. If I have been banned by accident, please unban me. If I have been banned for a certain reason, please explain that to me and would there be a way to get unbanned?

Host(+1)

I banned you for having a racist, offensive status. If you want to be unbanned,  apologize and promise you won't do anything offensive again, including in your submission.

Submitted

So sorry, made that status a few years ago and forgot about it. Sorry, I won't do anything offensive again, I promise.

Host

I've unbanned you. You should be able to use the normal link to join.

Submitted

Thank you

Host (1 edit) (+1)

1. Since we're already placing a pretty serious limitation on the jam (1bit) we didn't want to force a theme also. Instead, we provided three optional themes as inspiration, which you can ignore or use as you like. There will be no scoring category for theme.

We changed our minds. We will be grading on theme.

2. lol, me too!

Submitted

Haha

I think there should be a sorting category but it shouldn't matter as much in the voting as the other stuff, because this means why woyld someone want to use an optional theme if he isn't rewarded for it, my opinion

thanks for the quick replies

Host (1 edit) (+1)

The theme is optional and just for inspiration if you can't think of your own concept!

We changed our minds. We are grading on theme. 

Submitted (1 edit)

In my opinion, put a challenges and themes category too, it'll be useful, as i myself who has no problem (as in i think  I'm good enough for them ) wouldn't use them, a combined category for the optional stuff should be there, imo

Edit: if you did count it, i will probably use the two challenges that dont include GMS2, and one theme

Host(+1)

Respectfully, we will not be having a category for optional challenges -- otherwise they would not be optional. They are just there for fun, inspiration, and/or personal growth. Apologies if you disagree with this decision -- maybe we will change our minds for next time, if we run this jam again. 

Submitted(+1)

No apologies please, i was giving off my opinion and agree with everything you are saying, oh and why am i sounding formal, its just a GAME JAM and I'm just a KID