This will be my Idea pit. My place for all things that erupt in my brain. A crude mixture of art, game ideas and other mind barf.
I am a artist / game designer thing from germany. As you can see I love making up new stuff. But of course finishing stuff is also important. (Some would say its more important :D )
Here I will talk about my current projects and show stuff taht comes to mind, like game mechanic ideas and sketches. So lets start with a list of active projects:
- Initiation - A sci fi visual novel short story. I use the unfinished but open source tool Belle. It is very WIP. I try to focus (haha) for a while, so you can play it soon.
- A Star Trek: Voyager fan game. Made using RPG Maker VX Ace. I am only doing the graphics for this. Very fun.
- Apokalypte - A 3D arcade game made in the unreal engine 4. Another Team effort. Very slow development as we are learnnig UE4 while doing stuff.
I will write a Introduction post to every project when I am first updating on it. There are also a miriad of other projects abandoned or otherwise. I will just dump my mind here and hope one person will not hate me for it :D
A list of tools and knowledge
- Photoshop - 20 years of of being ok
- Krita - still learning
- Gimp - forgot nearly everythign, why is it even listed?
- SPriter - Nice tool for 2D animation
- Aseprite - My pixeltool of choice (PS is also good)
- Blender - I can use ist. But I am a shitty modeller
- Sculptris/ SculptGL - Sculpting is fun :D
- I love design and perception theory, (Book reviews!)
Strange lists... Lets get it on!
Random Game Idea Of The Moment!
Feud For All - A 1v1 2D MOBA/ Fighting game.
- Every player chooses a chieftain as a hero.
- Every chieftain has a unique base, unit set and combat abilities
- Combos and counter complexity is reduced
- Crowdcontroll and pin mechanics to let your units pass the enemy chieftain
- 3 or 5 rounds of play for a set
- Brawl between chieftains is deadly for the small units.
- Lanes that can not be used by Heros/Chieftains (underground maybe)