So this is a project I've had in the works for some time now and it finally went live at the start of November. Here's a video that pretty much sums it up...
Basically Project Shadow takes the idea of a devlog and takes it a step further, using it to teach about the different fields within the entertainment industry. As creators work on their projects they create a class which teaches about a skill of their field and then show how to implement that skill into an actual project they're working on at the time. These classes include...
- A video lesson
- A written guide
- Tips and Tricks
- Tools (such as brushes in photoshop, scripts/plugins for engines, or audio files in music)
- Assets (such as music or art made during the lesson)
- A community forum where you can talk with the teachers and ask questions 24/7
- and more!
I'd like to one day have the service open to more than just our team and teach skills outside of just video games but for now that's what it is. The goals with this is to do two things...
- Help teach those new to the industry to learn the ropes of whatever fields they are interested in.
- Provide developers with another source of income so they can keep creating what they love, whatever it may be.