This is a major release with several new multiplayer features, and brings us very close to our 1.0 release.
All in-progress games have been wiped. (This will happen a few more times before launch -- as always, we really appreciate your patience and feedback.)Changes:
- LEADERBOARDS. Wins in automatch games are tracked on a leaderboard. (Invite games don't result in leaderboard changes.) When the game is launched, we will be tracking overall wins, as well as wins-per-month. We also have a "Skill" leaderboard that ranks players based on matchmaking skill. The UI is not quite ready for release, but we're tracking all this on the backend.
- CUSTOM GAME RULES. (Invite, Skirmish, and Hotseat games only.)
- SKILL-BASED AUTOMATCHING. This will slow down automatches a bit while our player pool is small, but will become very important on launch day. Your skill is tracked on the server and used to match you against opponents of similar skill.
- Strangefellows Lodge: losing control of a level 2 Lodge will result in your Gangs and Thugs losing one heart (unless they're already at one).
- Fancier Victory and Defeat screens.
- "Lantern Generator" upgrade is now called "Lamp Lighter".
- Lots of little UI improvements.
We're a month away from our 1.0 launch, which will include a story-driven singleplayer campaign!
As always, we appreciate your feedback!