It might look like chaos but I do have a plan! this thread will be full of planned features and where possible a timeline. Though everything will change as I make progress and get feedback I find it really helps to have some sort of plan.
Any features you think I've missed or anything you think I should prioritise, let me know!
- Valuable but weaker scrap pickups. I already have everything g in place for these.
- Circular saw blades, moving and static. There is a reason scrap farmers are missing limbs.
- Super magnets: magnetic power up that increases ScrapBots magnetic pull until it is depleted or the magnet is toggled.
- Magnetic health pickups. Drop them off at a scrap collector to repair. They’re going to become an essential mechanic as the levels get more dangerous.
- Magnetic bombs. Release your magnet to drop them onto enemies.
- Magnetic turrets. These would use adjacent scrap as ammo! I also have an idea to have NPC’a with metal parts and weapons. I just need to decide if I should go none combat or not.
- Static turrets that use specific ammo with a drop-off mechanic similar to the scrap collectors. Might give some levels a tower defence feel.
- Magnetic lanterns. I have the systems in place for these. I have an idea to use them with an enemy that is scared away by the light from them.
- Enemies that are scared of light.
- Enemies that have their own magnet and can try drag you to danger.
- Enemies with guns.
- Simple bash enemies.
- EMP enemies that can disable your magnet.
- EMP Fields where your magnet is unusable.
- Moving platforms, not dangerous to the player but will make it harder to move breakable scrap.
- Magnetic steel blocks for blocking enemy advances. I already have the systems in place for this.