Alright this will be the devlog for the RPG game that I am working on. The game is called
It is a CTB combat game. For anyone who doesn't know what CTB means it stands for Charge Turn Base. Think of Final Fantasy 10 combat system.
Here is the link to the game page. You can read more about it there. Just know this is not going to be a small project. I want a full game that takes hours to beat. The rest of this will be used as a normal devlog page.
The newest version of my project is 0.1.37. (0.1.0 - 0.1.36 was only published on GameJolt's website. This is the first build on itch.io)
Bug fix list -
- Elisha and rad can no longer equip daggers.
- Fix the skill description and item help text being cut off in battle.
- Fixed missing item icons on menus.
- The items now have prices in shops and actually descriptions.
- Fixed not being able to equip certain types of armor for certain classes.
- Fixed several dialogue mistakes.
- Fix the missing rendered objects on map.
- Fixed some collision problems in the Serene School.
- I added more item's to Gerald's Shop in Serene Village. This way you can buy more items before going into the Serene Forest dungeon.
- Change the layout of some of the buildings. They look a lot better now.
- Made a simple tutorial first fight. More tutorials will be added later. Just wanted to get some of the bare bones done on how to fight in CTB combat.
- Removed general armor types. Now there is magic, light, and heavy armor.
- Lowered the cruel difficulty a lot, but still leave a good challenge.
Behind the scene stuff - These things won't be see able yet, but they help make updates much easier and faster down the line.
- Got all armor that will be in game made in the database. That is over 200 pieces. I got them assigned to the right armor type and equipment slot. So now I can easily just create a shop, treasure chest, mob drop, or item crafting method for obtaining them. This took several hours. So finishing this was a huge thing behind the scene.
- I also got all weapons to be assigned to the right weapon type. Again took hours do to the amount of weapons, so now since this is completed I can spend those hours on improving game play, map, and other stuff.
From here on out since I got the bugs that I was focusing on fixing done. i will be adding more maps and content. The first fews releases was fixing bugs in the database and UI code.