So, I've started a couple games and from them I made a handful of observations:
1. Coal consumption is too low for the amount of coal available (even without Earthworks). At some point after years I find myself always looking for some minerals to be able to use up the coke fuel from mining just a little bit of coal. Having just one fuel to transform 5 ore also seems unrealistically low to me.
2. When you got 300+ blocks in storage, Stonemasons won't work anymore. Not sure if this is intended or a bug. I'll have to check if the same applies with the sawmill or the smithy, but it's more difficult to reach that number in their cases.
3.Sometimes, your Dwarfs seem to go fetch the water on the other side of the map - often by walking next to the river most of that travel
4. Mushrooms in the mushroom farm don't seem to produce seeds. Which makes mushroom farms a bit pointless if you can't find many grottos with mushrooms on the map
5. I never get any Hop or Barley seeds. Are they not programmed in yet and just placeholders?
6. Is there a way to make another anvil? If yes, I couldn't find out how
7. Are coal, Hematite (iron), Galena (silver) and Malachite (copper) the only ores in the game right now? Also, no way to make alloys, or steel?