If you are familiar with Steam Workshop but need a solution that works on Steam as well as the Epic Games Store, itch.io, Discord, GOG and other places in the future, then mod.io is the tool for you.
- Platform agnostic supporting 1 click mod installs on Steam, Epic Games Store, Discord, GOG, itch.io with plans for full-console support
- Clientless with no other dependencies and works behind the scenes in your game
- Connect your community with our Discord ModBot and embeddable web app
- Powerful search, filtering and tagging of mods
- Moderation and reporting systems built-in
Steps to getting mod.io integrated:
- Add your game to the mod.io test or production environment
- Read our API documentation for an overview of how mod.io works
- Choose an Engine Plugin, API or SDK and integrate mod.io into your game and mod making tools
- Ready to launch? Add your game to our production environment then click the "go live button"
- We will reach out to discuss promoting your game to our community of 5 million monthly visitors on ModDB and IndieDB
- Need help? Our team is available on Discord to assist and our getting started guide has more information for you
Benefits of using mod.io:
mod.io offers the same core functionality as Steamworks Workshop (1 click mod installs in-game), plus mod hosting, moderation and all of the critical pieces needed. Where we differ is primarily driven by the open nature of our platform which is not tied to a client + SDK, giving you much greater control and implementation options if you want them.
- Our API is not dependent on a client or SDK, allowing you to run mod.io in many places such as your homepage and launchers
- Designing a good mod browsing UI is hard, our plugins ship with a UI built in to save you a lot of effort and help your mods stand out
- We don't apply rules globally, so if you want to enable patronage, sales or other experimental features, reach out to discuss
- Our platform is built by the super experienced ModDB.com team and is continually improving for your benefit
- Your community can consume the mod.io API to build modding fan sites or discord bots if they want
What we are working on:
All of our plugins and tools are open source and hosted on Github. Our community are building wrappers, command line tools, engine plugins and we welcome all contributors to the project. Our roadmap priorities include:
- ModBot for Discord
- Xbox, Playstation and Switch support
- Embeddable web app with hooks for easy UI implementation
- Localization (API is localized, next step allowing content to be)
- Engine plugins: Unreal is close, GameMaker and others are next
- Patronage, marketplace and trading
These screenshots are from our Unity plugin, which ships with a built in UI.