With the updated demo starts the Lore Finder speedrun contest! The top three winners will be immortalized in the full release of the game through a gold, silver, and bronze trophy bearing their names and run times. Additionally, anyone who submits a video of their run will be added to the game's credits under a special speedrunning section!
If you want to be listed with a different name than your itch username, please let us know in your submission post.
The contest will run through Sunday, December 23. The official end time is December 24 at 3 am Eastern Time.
Timezones got you confused? See a countdown until the end of the contest.
Share runs, tips, strategies, glitches, and link speedrun streams in the #lore-finder channel of our Discord. There are several speedrunners in the Discord channel already and they're more than happy to answer questions or teach you things.
- You can submit runs multiple times, assuming your latest submission has a better time than your previous
- For runs to be counted as submissions in the contest they must be submitted in this thread before the contest ends. If you get a better time before the contest ends but post it after the contest ended, it will not be counted
- All runs are in the any% category and glitches are allowed
- Runs are valid whether using the web version or the downloadable version
- All runs must be completed using the game's built-in speedrun mode, regular mode runs will not be accepted
- Times will be judged using the speedrun mode's in game timer
- The run starts upon entering the game (when the in game timer starts), and ends upon dealing the final blow to Algarott (at which point the in game timer ends)
- All submissions must include a video link to your run that will remain available throughout the month of January 2019.
- Videos can be hosted on Twitch, YouTube, or any other reasonably accessible video sharing platform. If you're unsure if your platform is reasonably accessible, it probably isn't
- We reserve the right to deny game-breaking glitches that are clearly a result of a bug which should be fixed, so that we can fix bugs for members of our community who are not speedrunners
- No tool-assisted-speedruns allowed