Hey, great looking game! Thanks for letting me try it. I'm running this on an old i5-2500k (2010 vintage) with a GTX 1060 on Ubuntu 18.04.
- Launches fine from itch app
- Launches from direct download
- Keyboard controls work
- Looks good!
- Sounds good!
- I didn't find any bugs at all with the gameplay itself, moving around, destroying the environment, shooting bad guys, flying, jumping etc. All the portals worked, the keys worked, falling off the island. :-)
- Menus all work well, changing options worked, full screen mode worked.
- Great job!
Now, some issues:
Had a little issue with my gamepad. It wasn't detected at first even though the controller works with every game on Steam. I'm using xboxdrv to emulate an Xbox controller. Here's how it's reported by html5gamepad.com:
- Weirdly, it worked fine with your game when I turn off xboxdrv (but then some of my steam games don't work):
The screen shake when those exploding spider things explodes isn't synchronized with the explosion. Feels like it's about a 1/4 second late.
The default gamepad control layout uses X to jump. Since it must be held, it's difficult to aim, jump, and shoot at the same time. I also find it completely unfun to control the camera. I wish the camera would just show me what is important by itself. Some combination of where I'm going and where I'm aiming, weighted towards aiming, would be a good start, I think. In shooters like this, for me, it always feels bad if I have to take my thumbs off the sticks. Like, I just want to shoot stuff non-stop and if I have to stop moving so I can switch weapons or stop aiming to jump, it kills the momentum. It's great that you can remap the controls but losing two buttons to the camera is rough.
I think the depth of field blur is too strong and it's distracting. Here's a couple of examples, both involve not being able to see where I'm looking. First, my landing spot is blurry:
And I can't see enemies down field. Even when they're at the edge of weapon range they're slightly blurry.
I'll keep playing and report back later!