Twice now I've had some shield bases cut out with no components added to them. When I closed the game and reopened it, the bases were rendered useless, as no components would attach to them. I tried this with a few different conditions, and this was what happened:
Pre-logged shields won't accept pre-logged components.
Pre-logged shields won't accept post-logged components.
Post-logged shields *will* accept pre-logged components.
Post-logged shields will (of course) accept post-logged components.
"Logged" here means "closing the game".
Also, when I made "uncommon" shield bases, relogging turned them into the same colour as the common bases. No search I've had has come up with someone having the same issue.
This is with release 0.0.9e