As discussed in this thread, a bunch of us are going to pick a game roughly every week or so and play/review/discuss it together. The goal is to give developers genuine feedback and/or ratings on their projects.
To keep this from becoming yet another self-promotion mechanism or voting ring, we have a few house rules:
- Anyone can join in at any time
- You can opt not to give feedback/ratings if you don't like a specific game/genre/etc. or don't want to give it a poor rating. (This should be in rare cases.)
- You can nominate someone else's game(s); but not your own.
Some suggestions on how to give useful constructive feedback:
- Mention specific details.
- Start with some positives that you liked.
- Suggest a few things that could be better.
- List anything you didn't like. Focus on problems, not so much on potential solutions.
I will post another message here every time we are done with our previous game and are starting on another one (roughly every 1-2 weeks).
If you want to add some games to the list of things to check out:
- Please use this same thread I mentioned already to post suggestions.
- Please mention only freely-available games; this is not a place to get free sales for your game either.
- Try to look for games with no comments; those are lesser-known and probably need the feedback more.
- You can use the Itch Randomizer to find cool stuff.
For any given week, you can view the queue and the current item in this gist.