Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

GMLive.gml

Livecoding for GameMaker: Studio / GameMaker Studio 2 · By YellowAfterlife

[a mystery] GC Warning: Caught ACCESS_VIOLATION in marker; memory mapping disappeared

A topic by Trung0246 created Jun 29, 2022 Views: 180 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(4 edits)

I'm not sure what's this error mean since I tried to save the script, and apparently this showed up in the log.

Probably this is the reason why my scripts not updating live when I changed it.


But the weird thing is that GMLive.js mode in GMEdit start as usual with no error.

Developer

The video doesn’t show the error message - was this in gmlive-server window or GameMaker output? Can you reproduce this in an empty project?

(… though in both cases I don’t have any code to output that - it’s a matter of whose bug is this)

GMLive.js is only kind of related to GMLive.gml - they share parts of the compiler and architecture, but the way they execute code is completely different - GMLive.js generates JS code that can interact with GameMaker runtime while GMLive.gml compiles code to intermediate form (read: a pile of structs and functions) and executes that from game code.

(4 edits)

Oh the error is being show in gmlive-server.gc.log in "...\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Dream_6B1657E3_VM\GMLive\gmlive-server.gc.log"

From what I think this probably is GameMaker output. As expected it only occurs either when I press Run or Save the "live" file.

Am I supposed to press Run manually or does I have to click something else to make it live update since the docs said that I only need to press Run.

Anyways what the expected behavior? Will it show "1 client" in the console when it detect there's a game instance running?

Developer

The expected order of actions is as following:

  • You open gmlive-server that’s in your Included Files (datafiles/) in your project folder
  • You run the game from IDE or GMEdit
  • You modify and save the file for server to pick it up and update

If it happens only in this project, email me a copy.

If you had an older version of GMLive installed before, you may need to completely delete it from extensions and Included Files first.

Ah I see now, thanks for response.

Anyways after a day after attempting to fix it myself the error I think it should be gone for good and looks like everything is working again, maybe it either from these actions I did:

- Restart the computer.

- Disable windows defender temporary.

- Disable malwarebytes.

- Disable windows firewall stuff (I checked my firewall rules for some reason windows on my pc automatically add gmlive-server to blacklist without notify me, probably due to anti-virus I mentioned above).

- Always run the server exe as admin.

So looks like I actually triggered rare bugs so I guess this should be marked as fixed for now.