I love playing games with lots of text, whether they're RPGs, interactive fiction, visual novels, or anything else. However, I've noticed a big problem with a lot of text-heavy games: they're not edited.
Now, I can't speak for anyone else, but I think that's a shame. Typos and grammar errors can really take me out of the flow of the game, you know?
Luckily for you, developer-of-a-game-with-text-in-it, I happen to be a professional freelance proofreader! I have experience writing, editing, and proofreading games. Projects I've been involved in as an editor or proofreader include:
- can you say my name again (most of chapter 1)
- Incompatible Species (episode 3 onwards)
- Pairs (Kitten's, Carmelita's, and Ricardo's routes)
- The Secrets We Keep
- This, My Soul
I'd like to think that I've got quite a few things going for me. I'm a native speaker of American English. I got a perfect score in reading on the SAT, alongside an only-slightly-lower writing score. I have video game experience, both playing and making (especially playing). I was the copy editor of the school newspaper in middle school. In short: I know what I'm doing.
I'm happy to proofread NSFW/adult projects! However, I am not comfortable editing projects which involve any of the following subjects:
- Guro; sexualized violence, including explicit rape/non-con
- Lolicon/shotacon; romance between an adult and a minor, regardless of the genders involved
- Romanticized abuse
I also reserve the right to turn down any project for any reason.
My rate is based on the word count of your script, including dialogue and narration, but not counting code. I require half payment upfront before I begin working. I will only accept payment via PayPal.
- Editing (content editing): $0.01/word
- Proofreading (line editing): $0.01/2 words, rounded down to the nearest cent
If you want to hire me, you may contact me via one of the following outlets:
- Email: lunaterra25 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Discord: lunaterra#8000
- Twitter: lunaterra_
- Lemma Soft Forums: lunaterra