The original Concept Prototype for 'The Red Planet' to now available to the public. It features a number of game-play featured intended for the full release of the game, as well as some experimental environment and atmosphere design. To help us bring The Red Planet into full production, please visit and support us on our Kickstarter Page.
You can also follow us at Twitter for the latest news and updates. Feel free to drop us a tweet.
The Red Planet is a realistic first-person survival exploration game set on Mars in the near future. Set in a persistent open-world, players must scavenge parts, gather resources, and craft and repair equipment in order to survive. It features a dynamic open-world full of mysteries and dangers, coupled with a deep Cold War-inspired narrative that explores an alternate history of the Space Race.
You are trapped and cutoff - crash-landing on Mars and the sole survivor of your shuttle. Playing as Sara Harris, an Australian Botanist and Astronaut in the International Space Program, you ﬁnd yourself low on supplies and desperately searching for clues as to why contact was lost with Hyperion Base. To accomplish this you will need to overcome the struggles of thirst, hunger, diminishing oxygen reserves, and the deep cold of night.
Gather and salvage what you can from Outposts, Mine Resources where you can, and Craft what tools you need to survive. All the while you must protect yourself from the environment itself, and a Cold War-era secret that could shift the balance of power on Earth forever. Do whatever it takes to survive the Red Planet.
Every action and every decision you’ll make will have far reaching consequences throughout the course of the game.
- Explore a persistent open-world with dangers lurking over every sand-dune
- Gather Resources from the environment and craft new items
- Discover Schematics needed in order to craft more advanced items
- Salvage and repair equipment needed to survive Travel on foot or explore the surface of Mars by Buggy
- Carefully manage your dwindling Oxygen, Water and Food Reserves
- Experience handcrafted Sound Effects and ethereal Music that envelops the player
- Delve into a dark intricate plot that explores an alternate history of the Cold War
The Red Planet will be released in April 2019 on Steam and itch.io for PC, Mac and Linux.