Alright then! It's at least good to know that you're still actively working on the game. I was a little concerned, seeing that the last update was quite a while ago.
I will still log into here from time to time and report some bugs and requests, hope that's fine with you guys.
1. If you're standing on a block and there is a platform (one of those were you can press down to fall through) directly above you, then your character won't jump by pressing up. I'm guessing there is a initial check if the space directly above your character is free and that platform (even though you should be able to jump through it) prevents you from jumping entirely.
2. I think someone reported this before, but in certain library rooms, there is a specific spotabove the ceiling (and therefore outside of the room) where an enemy can spawn, basically preventing you from completely clearing the room. I've seen it about 5 times now and it's typically one of those blue robot enemies that come from .exe files.
3. Is there a specific reason that dead character files are still remaining visible in the character selection? As far as I understood it, there is nothing to do with them except delete them, so why not automatically delete them on death?
4. There really needs to be a quickstart option after death. Because if I die in the second room I enter, I don't want to go through the entire character creation again. I just want to restart with the exact same settings as before. There should be an option for that.
5. I'm guessing the feature that multiple same files in a room create a bigger/stronger version of it's enemy type isn't in the game yet? I've been to a room with literally nothing but 50 of those leaf enemies and I haven't seen a single one that looked or felt different from the others.
6. A loooot of enemy types just walk left and right. I guess those are not fully implemented yet.
Here are some issues I have with enemies that actually seem fully implemented:
- The blue robots that come from .exe files have a very weird hitbox on their hammer attacks
- That paper characters that come from .pfd files and just run away while additionally also teleporting should have a downtime before they start running when you come too close. Otherwise it's just super annoying to catch them in very long floors. They also change their direction every frame when they are just at the edge of detecting the player, which just looks very weird.
- the stars with bow and arrow have a very weird shooting curve.
- the bush enemies that come from .iso files have a very low range for their attacks. Maybe reduce the amount of things they shoot, but make the range a little further.
- the giant flying skeleton heads can teleport inside you and kill you instantly (which makes them even more terrifying).
- the little zombie enemies seem to just be walking left and right in a small area but they teleport sometimes and it just leaves me confused
That's all the enemy issues I can recall for now, but more will probably follow.
7. It seems you actually don't die when landing on exactly 0 HP. Happened to me once and left me in confusion. I guess the death only starts if you fall below 0 HP.
8. I don't get the second chance skill. I bought it and when I was about to die, it said second chance and I didn't die. The same thing also happened the next time I would've died though. Am I just invincible now?
That's it for now. I also want to apologize for being so harsh on my original post. I played the game yesterday for another 3-4 hours and despite the flaws, it was actually fun. Your concept is incredibly strong and you really made it work!
Here are some more things that I actually enjoyed a lot:
- The adventure skill tree has very well chosen skills. Nothing feels useless, everything is worth looking forward to.
- Blacksmiths are actually a great idea for getting rid of all the double and triple items you find!
- I like that the game shows you on the fly what the actual file names of enemies, doors and NPCs are
- The Filedex is a fantastic addition and I wanna see all the enemies now
- Choosing your own file type during the character addition is a cute idea
I hope this was helpful and I believe in you guys! Keep rocking it :)