As the majority of the other reviews have stated - this game is visually stunning. Though not particularly my favourite artistic style - I appreciate what you were going for with it, it's abstract nature may appeal to a niche currently neglected within the gaming world. With that in mind, lets get on to the review...
- Stunning Visuals in a Abstract Artistic Style
- Well Thought out and Designed Environments
- Great Colour Palette + Low Poly Meshes
- Relaxing Music
- Not Much Direction/Nothing to Really Aim For
- This May be a Personal Thing - but the view as you travel around the planets is quite Nauseating and ruins the gameplay a bit for me.
- The Game would benefit from more unique/varied level design for the separate planets.
PlanetRealm is a solid puzzle game in an early alpha state. With this in mind - it's few downfalls can be excused due to it being so early in the development process. The game is visually stunning - it's abstract, simple, low-poly artistic style appealing to a niche currently neglected in the market. This is complimented by it's relaxing music and SFX which make for a pleasant gameplay experience. Unfortunately, it does not reach it's full potential - held back by poor variation in level design and a constant change of direction during travel which gets quite nauseating as time goes on.
Overall, PlanetRealm is not quite my cup of tea in the state it is in - though with some TLC has amazing potential to become a fun, succesful puzzel game. It recieves a mediocre 4.5/10 form me - simply due to a lack of direction in it's gameplay.
However, I wish the developer luck as the game still has potential to become a great game. Good luck!