That was great. Fantastic movement and controls, it felt like I was flying with how many options I had. Felt the difficulty spike with the boss was too stiff though. Keep up the good work, this game has a lot of potential. I'd recommend changing the music.
Recent community posts
This was awesome, definitely worthy of being kickstarted. I enjoyed what I played of the demo, all 1 hour and 86 minutes of it. My scattered thoughts:
- Dualshock support! 👌👌👌
- Game looks great even for a demo.
- Movement in general feels stiff, this is probably my biggest problem with the game.
- Some of the early enemies are pretty boring.
- You can shoot the gun much faster when running, jumping, or aiming up. Is this intentional?
- Finding secrets feels satisfying.
- I like the surprises from enemies.
- The sword is badass, and I love the special death animation to it some enemies have. It feels stiff to use though, especially in the air. I was jump cancelling my swings a lot.
- Sword swings in general have strange hitboxes.
- Bosses were great, although I think the Angel boss went too long.
- Many missing sound effects. I know this is a demo but decent sound effects would really take the presentation to the next level.
- There are actual metroids in one room, might make the lore confusing.
Very cool, I hope it gets kickstarted!
This game is so sick! I love it! The combat feels really good. Moving around, swinging the sword, jumping, dodging, it all feels excellent and I can do it all day. The presentation is also great, I especially like the details in the environment and how your character's sprite changes with weapons and armor. Although the sprites do look jarringly familiar sometimes.
The only thing I didn't like much was the chain, which felt a little awkward. You can also climb any wall by hugging the wall and spamming the chain button while holding diagonally up. It's sequence breaking but it's not very interesting.
I hope the game gets bigger (and a map would be nice) because I want to play so much more. Amazing job, I'm excited to hear more.
Thanks! I don't currently have a patreon, but I'm open to the idea. If you really want to donate you can "purchase" the demo but there aren't any donation incentives or things like that, so please don't feel obligated to do so.
I'm glad you like it so far! Analog stick motion was considered but I found it made moving while aiming very jerky and awkward, so only the dpad is enabled. Although I could probably make this sort of thing toggleable in the options for the players that want it.
Thanks for the feedback! I agree the portraits can look better, and you can expect them and other various assets to be polished up before release.
I had a feeling the timer might be controversial with some fans of the genre, but I'm confident it's a twist that'll make the game more interesting. It fits well with the time reversion mechanics and encourages speedrun-like tactics, like planning routes and finding shortcuts. But I agree that it shouldn't impede exploration, as long as the player knows what they're doing. The time limit of 20 minutes is certainly not set in stone, I won't know for sure until the entire world is made. It's very likely there will be difficulty settings with varying time limits as well.
What a perfect crossover idea, it was done so well. I'm surprised at the clever implementation of the zandatsu, it makes me think there's a lot of potential for this kind of mechanic in a 2D game, with some tweaking. You should seriously consider turning this into a full game with unique characters and make it your own, it would be great.
The retro midi renditions of MGR songs are so corny but awesome.