This was awesome, definitely worthy of being kickstarted. I enjoyed what I played of the demo, all 1 hour and 86 minutes of it. My scattered thoughts:
- Dualshock support! 👌👌👌
- Game looks great even for a demo.
- Movement in general feels stiff, this is probably my biggest problem with the game.
- Some of the early enemies are pretty boring.
- You can shoot the gun much faster when running, jumping, or aiming up. Is this intentional?
- Finding secrets feels satisfying.
- I like the surprises from enemies.
- The sword is badass, and I love the special death animation to it some enemies have. It feels stiff to use though, especially in the air. I was jump cancelling my swings a lot.
- Sword swings in general have strange hitboxes.
- Bosses were great, although I think the Angel boss went too long.
- Many missing sound effects. I know this is a demo but decent sound effects would really take the presentation to the next level.
- There are actual metroids in one room, might make the lore confusing.
Very cool, I hope it gets kickstarted!