Thanks for playing! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it :) I hear you-- I'd definitely like to try this with fluid movement as well as well
Recent community posts
Thanks so much for the kind words! I’m happy to hear this little prototype resonated with you. Sorry about those bugs— I had limited availability during the jam from Thanksgiving. I appreciate you taking the time to play the game despite its current state. I’ll be updating the game with some new content/bug fixes starting this weekend.
Pupil is a Unity VR package that I've been working on for a while now, and I feel like it's ready for its first release! Pupil was developed with the goal of creating low-impact image quality optimizations for VR developers. Current features include:
- Dynamic IPD scaling without expensive hardware
- Low-contrast outline shaders
- Dynamically adjusted depth of field with the Unity post-processing stack
All of the features thus far have been backed by third-party research, and more is on the way! If you want to try Pupil in its early state, it's available for free at https://tdamron.itch.io/pupil
You can also check out the source code at https://github.com/TristanDamron/vr-research
Hope you like it! If you make something awesome with it, tweet me @tristan_damron
I'd love to see what y'all make! :D
P.S. Here's some screenshots of what it can do in the current release
Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you enjoyed the core mechanic :) Regrettably, a lot of the art in the game got implemented last minute (like... with hours to spare before the deadline.) We don’t have long term plans for the game, we just wanted to do a jam to warm up before global game jam.
Today I decided to finally release an executable version of Shape Ship. Previously it was playable using Unity's Web Player, but ultimately I decided that it was inferior to a downloadable version. From here on out new builds of the game will be released as an executable file.
Hope you enjoy! :)
Here's what's in store for this update:
- Added a toggle for screen shake in the options menu
- Fixed level 8 (There were two turrets on top of each other)
- Updated the end card font
- Added 3 new bonus levels
- Added a message that displays on the end card telling you how many bonus levels you found
- Added bullet decay (2 seconds)
- Added feedback when the player crosses a checkpoint
- Changed the vortex sprite
- Updated title screen
Have fun!! :)
v.0.0.4 is here!
Here are the patch notes:
- Added screen shake (on player death, mine collision, and enemy death)
- Update FOV and camera position on Level 16
- Mines will now explode and cause mines in their vicinity to explode as well
- The player's ship now accelerates from a stop
- Made hit animations feel a bit more responsive
- Added a wall prefab
- Added a vortex prefab
- Added a super secret level!
- Update title screen to show proper version number
- Added a collider to enemy bullets
- Updated colliders on all objects so they don't shoot themselves.
Hope you will find these updates to be useful! Have fun!
Thinking of cooking up an update for the game to fix a few issues and I figure I should add a few things as well.
Here are some features that I'm toying with...
- Slight acceleration and deceleration when moving.
- Mines explode in a line when you run into them.
- Explosions grow in size, (death on entry.)
- Walls that block objects from passing through an area, (essentially a way to cover yourself when you're under enemy fire.)
Think these sound good? Have ideas for other things you'd like to see added to the game? Let me know! :)