Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you enjoyed the core mechanic :) Regrettably, a lot of the art in the game got implemented last minute (like... with hours to spare before the deadline.) We don’t have long term plans for the game, we just wanted to do a jam to warm up before global game jam.
Recent community posts
Today I decided to finally release an executable version of Shape Ship. Previously it was playable using Unity's Web Player, but ultimately I decided that it was inferior to a downloadable version. From here on out new builds of the game will be released as an executable file.
Hope you enjoy! :)
Here's what's in store for this update:
- Added a toggle for screen shake in the options menu
- Fixed level 8 (There were two turrets on top of each other)
- Updated the end card font
- Added 3 new bonus levels
- Added a message that displays on the end card telling you how many bonus levels you found
- Added bullet decay (2 seconds)
- Added feedback when the player crosses a checkpoint
- Changed the vortex sprite
- Updated title screen
Have fun!! :)
v.0.0.4 is here!
Here are the patch notes:
- Added screen shake (on player death, mine collision, and enemy death)
- Update FOV and camera position on Level 16
- Mines will now explode and cause mines in their vicinity to explode as well
- The player's ship now accelerates from a stop
- Made hit animations feel a bit more responsive
- Added a wall prefab
- Added a vortex prefab
- Added a super secret level!
- Update title screen to show proper version number
- Added a collider to enemy bullets
- Updated colliders on all objects so they don't shoot themselves.
Hope you will find these updates to be useful! Have fun!
Thinking of cooking up an update for the game to fix a few issues and I figure I should add a few things as well.
Here are some features that I'm toying with...
- Slight acceleration and deceleration when moving.
- Mines explode in a line when you run into them.
- Explosions grow in size, (death on entry.)
- Walls that block objects from passing through an area, (essentially a way to cover yourself when you're under enemy fire.)
Think these sound good? Have ideas for other things you'd like to see added to the game? Let me know! :)