Your game is super cool! I hope I can make a game as nice as this someday!
Recent community posts
It took way longer than expected but we finally got map triggers in! Right now we can zoom the camera in and out and create cinematic bars with triggers, but we plan to have more triggers like dialogue sequences!
Theme voting is open! Talk with your team about your favorite theme, agree on one, and then comment below which theme your team would like to use!
The most popular theme will be the theme for all teams, however, if everyone chooses a different theme, each team will use the theme they voted for.
- Forbidden Forest
- Mischievous Snail
- Lost Souls
Hello! Welcome to the first ever Japari Park Game Jam.
- Only one member per team needs to join the jam on itch.io. They will submit the game before the deadline.
- At least one member of your team must be a member of the Japari Park discord server.
- Do not submit a game you’ve already worked on or finished.
- You may use existing tools to aid your development, such as photoshop for art, libraries for code, and bfxr for sound effects.
- There is no maximum size for your team.
- Your game must incorporate the theme in some way.
- You can make any genre of game.
- You can use any engine/framework you like.
- PRACTICE MAKING A SIMPLE GAME (not one you will submit) WITH YOUR TEAMATES BEFORE THE JAM STARTS!!!
Vote for your favorite theme here.
If you have any questions or need help finding team members, please message me on discord.
Nice! I really enjoyed this one and managed to beat it completely. My biggest criticism is that some of the early levels are harder than some of the later levels, but overall I thought it was very good!
Wow that was pretty interesting! I ended up scanning halfway through and found one star that seemed to have pretty unique pattern and then mission control told me it was just our signals bouncing off! Darn! xD After that though, I ended up getting an error about space.lua line 165, attempt to index signal a nil value.
It reminds me of an old game I used to play a lot called Happy Wheels. I thoroughly enjoyed that game and this game of yours gave me nice memories of the hours I would waste playing that game, so nice job! :D
I liked the anticipation you got before something would spawn, your use of particles and charming little sprite art. I was a little confused at the end whether I won or lost, cuz I killed a guy that seemed to look just like me. Overall very cute.