In the future it would make sense to release different type of buildings, i was just contemplating roman style. i will add asian to the list
Recent community posts
Ha yes I remember vista pro. That river making feature that followed the contours of the landscape and made lakes was awesome.
You can press f8 to take an 8k screenshot. But save first because if your system can't handle that it will crash the program.
Use the scroll wheel on your mouse to resize the brush.
Videos can be made with another app like obs or shadowplay.
I doubt it would run on an Ipad sadly.
More features to come, I'm trying really hard to make something easy to use yet have lots of features, but the more I add the harder it will be to use, it's a fine line
Thanks for supporting!
1. Terrain painting is half done, its quite complicated to do, so it might take a while
2. That would come with terrain painting
3. I dont think so, i tried but i run into permissions issues on non administrator running users
4. will come with no 1, for now you can just crop the image id imagine
5. You can use OBS or Shadowplay to record an animation
6. Ahh the all elusive water simulation, im not even sure where to start with that one, i use water sim in my VFX job, and they take hours to simulate.
7. Adding more skyboxes in the future
To be clear, this app was made with the intention of allowing ordinary people be able to paint some nice images without knowing the technical aspects of 3d modeling apps. All of your suggestion + more can be done with blender, 3ds Max or Maya. I am not trying to compete on features with these packages as they have a team of dozens working on them, perhaps you could download one and see how you go. Initial learning curve is high, but you can do so many cool things with them that you will never be able to do with flowscape. I will always try and update it, but it will always be focused around simplicity rather than complexity.
hope that helps
1. Not yet,
2. i have it on my list of things to do. https://gfycat.com/GivingHeavyAnemone
3. currently thinking about how to keep the community happy with lots of other models, i could make a mod system or could make a workshop, i will have to have a think about this
thanks for your input
1. sorry at this stage its only meant to take a picture as this is a different camera than what the painting mechanics is tied to. (mainly because i havnt figured out how to switch between perspective and ortho at runtime)
2. check in your installation folder, there should be maps
3. thanks for pointing out some bugs, i am planning to revisit the saves as it obviously has some issues
Thanks for the patience, you can use F8 to capture high res as well with the normal camera
if you cant see any screenshots it might be due to not being an administrator, try right clicking on the app and run as administrator
The number keys arent particularly important as you can rotate the sun in the camera settings. but ill look into some other keys and also map the left CTRL key to slowmo.
Thanks for the feedback
Hows the Laptop performance btw? mine is a bit old and runs rather poorly
Hi joshgray, glad you are enjoying it.
I agree about most of your points, will likely address them at some point.
I can help you with deleting, Try CTRL Delete
To make it rain, turn on the rain sound fx. putting it there made sense for me as a programmer ha