Also, It looks like in the GOTY section the Investigate music transitions into Ambiance after one iteration and stays on that.
Recent community posts
I see. Well, I'm better off waiting for heaven coming down to earth than for a legal re-release...
Any chance you might consider some of the improvements I mentined to the jukebox at some point?
Just found this:
There is an issue with saving custom keyboard binds on localized Windows version (or on localized keyboard layouts). Manual keys mapping is required.Mouse buttons and scrolling wheel is not assigned to any action.
So I guess this always was an issue on newer Win versions, I just forgot about it, because I haven't touched key configuration for years.
(So I guess you won't be looking into this nolf bug, seeing as you moved over to nolf2 modernization?)
I tried the "
+windowed 1" command line parameter from the linked page for the issue I mentioned in the other comment. But apparently modernized is incompatible with it because I got an MFC client error and failure to start the game.
I even tried reinstalling Nolf revival (which should fix registry issues if there's any.), and starting it without modernizer, but it still wouldn't work. Can't imagine what could have gone wrong.
It doesn't. (I tried setting J for toggle zoom, but pressing back and re-entering the settings it will still show up as unassigned) I only loose configuration.
But I can still change mouse shortcut. Now I'm thinking that keyboard assignments didn't work at all, I only didn't happen to change any, because I only had trouble with the mouse.
Maybe you might consider to do a few (I think) simple improvements for the jukebox?
- If the game went to windowed mode when selecting jukebox or something it would make it a lot simpler to switch to and from so one could change music and then listen in the background.
- A start/stop button would be nice, in case I want to listen to something else for a while (eg: youtube video.)
- Having the game in the background or minimized won't stop it from keeping the resource usage high. I guess the rendering is still going on for nothing. Can that be disabled if the game is not in front?
- Separate volume control would be nice. In-game I don't want too loud music, but while listening to it I usually want it louder.
Apparently I can't reconfigure, no changes persist. It always resets to zero.
(BTW I can't use much of the keys on my keyboard. Tried "í" for previous weapon, which is next to shift, but it won't persist)
Hell, it looks like I can't reassign any keys anymore.
The lack of text on the UI arrow button is also worrying. It shows "ok" for example for the custom controls section without modernizer.rez, but changing keys doesn't work here anymore as well.
Today it seems to work, without me changing anything. :)
So what does the nolf.exe fix change? I don't see anything different after I replaced the exe.
The issues I ran into so far:
- The back button in the UI ( arrow bottom-left) is blank. I think it displays either back, or ok normally, if I'm not mistaken. (Or was there an "ok" or apply button on the right?)
Some client MFC error on exit. But not the last couple times, so maybe this is what the exe fix fixes?
- My settings got reset. Can't say why. Might be because of some of my ill-advised attempts at getting this to work. Including running the original installer for a second instance. (I wonder if the quirk of the left mouse button not being assigned to "fire" a bug of NOLF on newer Windows versions, because that's what happened again.)
I also manually reset the settings after. Which made matters worse because now "ö" (the key right to "9" on my layout) which used to be the SVD sniper rifle hotkey doesn't work. I get a console coming up. I also can't seem to successfully bind a key to "toggle zoom" to a keyboard key (works with RMB)
(BTW was alway N/M the hotkeys for zoom in/out? I changed it to mouse wheel up/down too long ago I guess... )
- The scope view is a tad oval shaped, right? But at least stuff outside it is properly black.
- (Didn't print screen use to work)
More on the request side:
- Can you add an anti-aliasing option in the game or at least make it compatible with forced AA via the driver, we wouldn't get weird artifacts?
Could a feature/option be added for the game to remember which ammo type I used. The most frustrating thing about the game is that I constantly have to change back to one type or the other when I switch weapons. Particularly combined with it's cumbersome weapon and function switch system.Ah, someone already requested this, cool.
- Maybe a FOV option?
But mostly I'm interested whether you'd be willing to enhance the jukebox feature:
- It would be neat if I could access it without starting the game in the launcher
- Also it would be cool if I could create a playlist of sorts. Specify iterations of one music then transitioning to another.
- Or maybe exporting all of it (or specific ones) to wav. With or without transitions (or maybe possibly having the transitions as separate tracks)
Thanks. I'll experiment when I'll have time.
I thought the normal way was having
in the command line section, which I used before. (This was automatically added)
What I get with the other method is the game not starting so far.
Yes. I even tried with a different instance with the original installer. The rez file was even added automatically, when I looked. Though I'm not sure if this inszance was working fine the copied gamesaves were ignored.
This doesn't work with NOLF from nolfrevival.tk?
I believe I followed the instruction but the game remains 1.004 and there's no jukebox.
I tried with older stuff, but it doesn't seem to work at all. No error, nothing.