I noticed that the price has now been discounted!
Recent community posts
Hi! I am currently working on the development of a horizontal shmup with Unity3D. The game has caravan influences and scoring mechanics based on quick-killing enemy waves. I took inspiration from several of my favorite shmups, and most notably Radirgy.
I recently set up the itch.io page and released a demo which contains two stages. You can get it here :
Feedback and criticism are welcome!
DEMO 5 (2018-04-13)
- -[BUGFIX] Fixed a ranking display glitch where some of the initials (the empty space and the numbers) produced unwanted characters on the scoreboard.
- -[BUGFIX] Fixed bug where pressing the Cancel button during initial entry when no initials were entered actually entered characters related to the cancel symbol.
- -[BUGFIX] Fixed a bug where a boss could get locked in the knockback state and become a sitting duck until its death if it was knocked back on the exact same frame where he had to move to the next attack in the previous phase.
- -[BUGFIX] Fixed the error where the sword animation would sometimes spazz out like crazy when the player pauses the game mid-swing.
- -[ADDITION] Added a boss destruction sequence. The boss now explodes a lot when destroyed instead of instantly disappearing,and the BG camera shakes a bit during the final explosion
- -[ADDITION] Animated the Game Over, Stage Clear and Score Recap sequences at the end of a run.
- -[ADDITION] Added a point display for every ennemy killed
- -[ADDITION] Added visible lifebars during boss fights.
- -[ADDITION] Added names to the 2 bosses. Boss 1 is "ROCKET CLAW". Boss 2 is "INDIGO WING"
- -[ADDITION] Added the last three planned poses/sprites for Emily in the tutorial menu.
- -[ADDITION] Added a fade-out transition effect to Emily's portaits in the tutorial section.
- -[CHANGE] Replaced many placeholder UI elments with proper art assets : Pause menu, menu arrows, ranking screen, options, tutorial menu, boss warning, wave bonus displays, boss time bonus display, medal bonus display, Game Over, Stage Clear
- -[CHANGE] The in-game Life/Bomb/Score counter's 3D model has been replaced by an art asset that visually matches the other UI elements' style.-[CHANGE] The score recap at the end of a run is now visible even for players who didn't make it to the ranking
- -[CHANGE] Renamed "Practice" to "Stage Select" to reduce confusion about the mode
- -[CHANGE] The Stage Select mode now displays a preview of the selected stage's background instead of the same artwork as in the main menu
- -[CHANGE] Changed most if not all the text displayed on screen for an outlined variant.
- -[CHANGE] Replaced the empty space initial by an underscore.
- -[CHANGE] Multiple wave bonuses indicators can be displayed on the screen at the same time.
- -[CHANGE] Changed the Gunfencer's 3D model's orientation to a side-view in order to help locating the hitbox.
- -[CHANGE] Decreased the outline thickness on the GunFencer's sword
- -[CHANGE] Replaced Stage 1 mid boss' 3D model for yet another redesign.
- -[CHANGE] Updated one of the Stage 2 spotlight textures to be darker
- -[CHANGE] Decreased the size of cake slices to improve lisibility
- -[CHANGE] Darkened the BG to improve visibility
- -[CHANGE] Updated the "Rayons de Soleil" texture on the stage 1 bakery.
- -[CHANGE] Replaced BG advert mockups in Stage 1 by higher quality fake-ads.
- -[CHANGE] Changed the Stage 1 boss entrance camera movements to turn towards the plaza during the warning and not during the fight
- -[CHANGE] Updated Stage 2 boss entrance SFX
- -[CHANGE] Tweaked the BG camera movements for smoother turns and transitions
- -[CHANGE] Nerfed HP of the stage 2 blue popcorn enemy that fires clusters of 4 bullets so that it matches the other popcorn enemies's health.
- -[CHANGE] Increased the medal movement speed a bit
- -[CHANGE] Slightly updated Emily's artwork to fix a few shading and line errors
- -[CHANGE] Updated the tutorial dialogue to make it clearer that Emily is the one to pilot the mecha in-universe instead of the player.
DEMO 4 (2018-03-06)
- -[CHANGE] Removed Debug Info, cleaned up player shot 3D model, reduced amount of pooled bullets, and adjusted camera settings to improve game performance
DEMO 3 (2018-03-02)
- - [ADDITION] Stage 2
- - [ADDITION] The game finally has a name, a title screen and a kickass logo !
- - [ADDITION] Added BG elements and events in Stage 1, including the cheapest-looking and cheapest-animated fire effect known to man~
- - [ADDITION] Added icons to menu options, so you can navigate them even if you don't know how to read ! (or due to language barrier)
- - [ADDITION] Player shots now have a black outline
- - [ADDITION] The mecha is displayed in the options when the selected option is relevant to it.
- - [ADDITION] Emily's sprites are displayed in the options menu when the Clothing Change option is selected
- - [ADDITION] Added a sound effect for non-lethal sword damage inflicted on an enemy
- - [ADDITION] Player mech has booster animations when he moves forward
- - [ADDITION] Added a booster animation to one of the enemies (The light orange one that fires two long blue bullets forward)
- - [FEATURE] Some enemy types drop a medal (among three types) when killed. These medals are each worth a fixed amount of points, depending on the medal type
- - [FEATURE] Stage select mode
- - [FEATURE] Individual ranking tables are available for each stage played in stage select mode
- - [FEATURE] Customize the mecha color among four color schemes : Blue, Red, Green, Orange
- - [FEATURE] More screen aspect ratios are available, but bars will be added to always keep 16:9 aspect ratio in-game
- - [FEATURE] Added animated arrows in most menus
- - [FEATURE] Togglable circular indicator that surrounds the hitbox, for those who have issues keeping track of the hitbox's current location at any time
- - [FEATURE] An option allows to automatically skip the opening animation
- - [FEATURE] When changing the language in the options menu, the option menu text changes
- - [CHANGE] Boss 1 is different : new design, some differences to the patterns
- - [CHANGE] Adjusted camera movements in Stage 1 to avoid passing right behind lampposts
- - [CHANGE] The autobomb penalty that increases the amount of cake items required to get another bomb ready is no longer active once you bomb again manually
- - [CHANGE] The whole mech flickers when damaged
- - [CHANGE] Tweaks to boss warning sequences
- - [CHANGE] Tweaks to the enemy explosions (sound effects and graphics)
- - [CHANGE] The cursor in menus only reaches the bottom if it is the last item in the menu list, and only reaches the top if it is the first
- - [CHANGE] Changed color of two of the enemies to a lighter shade of gray, to help them stand out against the roads
- - [CHANGE] Adjusted some hitbox color options to avoid them completely blending with the available mecha colors
- - [CHANGE] Most of the smaller enemies don't fire at point-blank range anymore
- - [BUGFIX] When game is slowed down, the speed decrease applied to the player's shots matches the general slowdown instead of being even slower
- - [BUGFIX] Fixed the camera shaking glitch where getting hit the instant the camera moves from a path to another made it fly very high and slowy descend to where it should be
DEMO 2 (2017-12-29)
- - [BUGFIX] The game speed is the same for all of the elements on screen even when slowdown occurs, instead of having lots of desyncs with the camera not being affected by the slowdown for example.
- - [FEATURE] An option allows you to switch the hitbox color. 5 colors so far : White, Blue, Green, Orange, Pink
- - [FEATURE] Additionnal input options in the Input menu, with Horizontal and Vertical axes, if you want to use Joysticks.
- - [ADDITION] Added more background items (Bus Stops, Trees, Park entrances, etc.)
- - [ADDITION] Some background elements can now be animated. The stage intro and the beginning of the stage proper have some background action involving cars and enemies.
- - [CHANGE] The mid-boss as well as the sunfish-looking ennemy are replaced by different designs. Their behavior remains unchanged.
- - [CHANGE] The sword slashes, lacking in visiblity, have been updated with much easier to see variants.
- - [CHANGE] Due to a bug that I haven't fixed yet and that is caused by the solution to the slowdown problem, the camera shaking when hit has been replaced by a flash for now. (well, it is actually a camera shake so intense that the background disappears for a second, giving the impression of a flash)
- - [CHANGE] Changed the ranking menu graphics to have a more coherent and readable score ranking.
- - [CHANGE] Changed the game icon to a smaller resolution equivalent.
DEMO 1 (2017-12-20)
- -Initial Release