Copying my post from the thread:
1) Either lose the stamina, or tie something else to it, like weapon swings or shield up duration/hit threshold
2) The fog is fucked, draw the lines from the internal walls, I did a little mockup.
3) Should fireballs clear the fog? Either make it "lighting clears the fog" or "character's line of sight clears the fog"
4) More about the fog: not sure how you want to go with it, but usually only the dynamic objects, i.e. enemies/traps/etc are obscured, and the general level geometry is visible, or at least becomes visible as you progress through the level
5) Make the fireballs recoil from the shield! :^)
All the aforementioned stuff is obviously my own preference, but hey, you asked for it. Overall pretty good start, get to it!