Hey! I actually just recently started working again on the game. I'm rewriting a lot of parts, so it takes some time, but for example this what the new UI looks like:
Recent community posts
I have just released the very first public alpha version of my game, Mini Wheels! It's a racing party game for 2-10 players. The current version only features a sandbox level, but new game modes will be added soon. Let me know if you have any suggestions/what you like/what is not working once you've played it :)
MiniWheels is in active development. I'll try to keep this topic up-to-date and list what I'm currently working on.
Currently working on:
- Redesigning the UI. Setting up players and controls is quite a lame process right now.
- Adding a level editor.
Note: If you're connected to the internet the game will automatically notify you if your game is out-of-date. I recommend using the Itch.io app however, it automatically updates the game for you!
Version Alpha 0.0.6 - 8/11/2016
- Completely redid the lighting, looks a lot prettier now and performs better (before & after).
- Added moving platforms to the sandbox level.
- Added a rotating thing to the sandbox level.
- Cars now brake much harder, so you can drive with even more precision.
- Cars can practically never get stuck upside down anymore.
- Car exhaust particles now use the car's color, are a bit smaller and transparent.
- Respawned cars are now placed at their original spawn location.
- Fixed a bug where you'd lose momentum when going through a portal.
- Fixed the controller unicode icons looking weird on MacOS.
- Made the splashcreen a bit prettier.
- Several performance improvements.
Version Alpha 0.0.5 - 22/10/2016
- Added booster pads, play with them in the Sandbox gamemode!
- Removed camera jitter by using interpolation, the game feels so smooth now :o
- Restructured the sandbox map a bit.
- Resetting a game now fully resets the map and it's physics objects.
- Lighting of static objects on maps is now of higher quality.
- Ambient Occlusion has been improved (no more low resolution black noise on dynamic objects like the green cubes).
- Added a custom cursor which disappears when not moving the mouse for some time.
Version Alpha 0.0.4 - 16/10/2016
- Added portals. A few of them are available in the sandbox gamemode.
- Added a gamemodes menu which will be used to pick which gamemode you want to play.
- Added a reset button which you can use to reset your game (once the game has been reset you can also change the amount of players again, this is disabled while a game is running). EDIT: it doesn't actually reset the map, just the players, this is a bug.
- Added ability to play alone (before you could only play with 2+ players).
- Did some work internally on the new infected gamemode (should be ready to test soon!).
Version Alpha 0.0.3 - 15/10/2016
- Added a splashscreen.
- Fixed exception when using the next and previous controller buttons in the players menu.
Version Alpha 0.0.2 - 13/10/2016
- Added ability to remap keyboard keys.
- Added anti-aliasing slider in options menu.
- Added resolution dropdown in options menu.
- Added automatic update checker and out-of-date popup.
- Added link to my personal twitter so you can stay up-to-date with the game's progress.
- Clarified the current level is just a sandbox level, real gamemodes will be added later.
Version Alpha 0.0.1 - 10/10/2016
First release, exciting times ahead!