The best game by the best developer 👍
Recent community posts
Fun little PoC! I guess more people found this after your Moebius video blew up :)
I did find a weird bug in level X where one cog just won't move. Doubt it's the right solution, but I'm assuming it should at least move, right?
I've also seen some videos on how Doom, Wolfenstein and later 2D simulated 3D engines work and this looks exactly like that, just prettier.
But Sébastien was lead dev on Dead Cells, so I bet he knows some magic. He has a github, might be interesting to crawl through that: https://github.com/sbenard
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I went into this just trying to control the boats like a car, but you need to start steering much earlier than a car, so I think the controls actually kind of feel like what I think a boat would steer like. Very slidey, hard to make sharp turns without slowing down, that might sound like bad things but that's just kind of what I expect from a boat.
Anyway, great demo, can't wait to see more!
Really fun little game, love the classic style. I've never really played any water racing games so it took me a lap to get a hang of the controls and when to steer (sorry, was lazy so used keyboard) but the game feels very responsive when you do get the hang of it.
Will it have splitscreen multiplayer? I'd love to play this on the couch with 3 friends, seeing as it has controller support it'd be perfect for my Steam Link.
I mean I only play on PC, but this?
3. Get off of Itch.io Tiktok scums. You're not invited or welcomed here. This place is strictly PC enthusiast only, and none if you clearly know what Itch.io is. Don't touch Gamejolt.Strictly PC enthusiast only? How old are you, 13?
The game has no save function, it tells you that. You can press Esc and close the game from the menu, but it just doesn't have a save feature. The closets are just checkpoints for when you die.
Oh really, to me it felt like the game was "loading" the glitch, for example everything turning white etc. and just couldn't keep up. Feels more like lag right now but that could just be me.
I tried this using a controller and a keyboard (not having anyone to play this with atm) and I'm really loving this. It's a bit of a Super Smash Brawl with destruction of the environment. It might be handy to make the "cut the world to shreds" orbs appear a bit more slowly, right now you can basically make the level unplayable within a minute. But I guess that's also part of the fun.
I found a bug in the game, if you walk all the way to the right and jump into the wall while holding right (D) you stick to the wall. If you then repeatedly press jump then you start moving up.
I was able to get all the way to the top of the building.
Then I could just jump down to the flagpole and finish the game.
I like the concept, slightly creepy etc. But the problem is that before one of the "glitches" happens the whole game freezes for about half a second, which kind of takes the surprise out of it and also makes you almost miss the effect. I'm running a pretty decent gaming PC (i5-6500 / GTX 1070) so it might needs some optimization.
Really cool little game! I loved playing it through a few times and finding the different endings. One problem I had though was that after the girl dies and you then follow her to the left the game said "faster", 'faster!" which made me click through too fast making me miss some dialogue, because I thought it was time based.
The controls could use a bit of tweaking but I like the concept of being able to shoot balls that also propel you. There's nothing in the in-game manual about being able to shoot balls with left-click so it took some finding out, but cool game. I'd recommend turning up the walking speed to really make it into a speedrunning game.
Something popped in my mind as a suggestion for the bow. If you happen to decide to make it as fast as the hammer, maybe limit it to 2 or 3 arrows at the same time. So if you shoot a 3rd or 4th arrow the first arrow will just disappear. That could prevent people from spamming the bow.
The game looks awesome, kudos for that.
Here's some things I noticed while playing:
- If I drop my axe behind a tree (because I confused right with left mouse click) there's no way to get it aside of making a new axe and chopping down the tree. This happens a lot, at least to me. Basically if you want to chop down a tree and accidentilly press right mouse button then your axe is gone untill you make a new axe and chop that tree down.
- When placing down a blueprint you can't move around the map with WASD, this often forces you to exit the build menu, position your camera so that you can see where you want to place it while making sure that when you open the build menu that same menu doesn't cover that spot.
- When a workerbot enters an undiscovered piece of land it just disappears, maybe make it discover the land or add some sort of indicator.
- It would be nice to be able to right click to exit out of the build menu or inventory, clicking the X or pressing Esc is a bit less handy.
- It's a bit confusing that left click means pick up, but also action. It's happened more than once that I forgot I had an axe in my hand and was suddenly making planks instead of picking up my log.
- You have 4 quick slots, but if I'm holding an axe there's no way to pick anything else up, using < and > to switch doesn't work if I'm only holding the axe. I have to go into my inventory and manually drag the axe to one of the bottom slots.
- While I was carrying a log over to a blueprint I kept my inventory open to see what would happen to the log in there. After my character dropped it the log stayed in my inventory. I tried moving it but it then was stuck to my mouse and I could only press Esc to exit the inventory. After re-opening my inventory it was gone from there. I then clicked my workbench and selected "Crude gear" but after that there was suddenly a white quare with "log" floating on top of everthing.
I'll be sure to note any other things I find!
I played it a bit more now, one thing that bothered me was the bow weapon. Before the bow you get the hammer, and I was able to attack much faster with the hammer and get a nice amount of money. Then you spend a few thousand coins on the next weapon, and you get the bow which shoots really slow in comparison. So I basically went backwards with the amount of money I was getting.
I'd recommend either making the bow shoot at least as fast as the hammer attacks, or allowing you to switch between weapons so I can use the hammer for hitting the chest.
Works like a charm. I tried the normal Itch build on my work PC too and I have the same problem, black screen but with sound. Apparently Alt + Tab does work, but it takes about 10 seconds to actually switch to windowed. The last time I tried it I probably tried Alt + Tab and then used Alt + F4 after a few seconds when it didn't appear to be working.