Adam Le Doux
Recent community posts
hey btw, I just merged your PR! when you get a chance, do you mind replying over there to tell me what name or handle or other credit you'd like on the credits page?
thanks for your help! :)
thanks for the feedback! :) did you get a chance to try the bitsy 8.0 beta? I had a prototype of a new find tool that added rooms, palettes, etc.
those 3 bugs are interesting ones - I'll look into them! :)
I've seen the game load issue I think, but very rarely - I don't suppose you've noticed any patterns with when it happens?
could you tell me more about the minimizing idea? is the main benefit not losing the order of the tools, or something else?
thanks Claire, these are good suggestions! :D seems like a lot of people would like that play mode
yeah I don't love the current layout of dialog list controls.. when I added nesting the quantity of buttons started to get out of hand, but I agree that hiding them isn't the best solution. this one requires some thought!
oh yeah these are all good ones! :D
- yeah a few folks have mentioned this.. I like how mosi automatically goes into full screen when in play mode - what do you think of that solution?
- I want to add tooltip translations! I need time to go through and catalog all the tooltips though
- did you get a chance to try out the bitsy 8.0 beta? I had a prototype of a more general find tool in there that included rooms
- ah hmm that move button issue should definitely be fixable
- for the screen size issue - are you able to share generally what kinds of devices they're using? and is it all the tools that are too big, or just the room tool?
thanks for the idea! :) it's actually possible to set bitsy up so the avatar has its own color but it requires hand-editing the game data which is not exactly user-friendly :( I'd like to fix this someday though
thanks for suggestions! :) accidentally editing while the game is running definitely seems to be an issue many people have run into
do you think you could tell me more about the gif recording tool? what would you expect or want it to do vs. what it currently does?
thanks everyone! the theme voting is open - you can vote here on itch: https://ledoux.itch.io/bitsy/devlog/232822/vote-for-the-march-bitsyjam-theme
or on twitter: https://twitter.com/adamledoux/status/1372202824885407747
(but please only vote once!)
theme: unfinished business
submissions open: 3/20 - 3/31
ok yeah this makes a lot sense! thanks for additional details. actually, my partner taught some bitsy classes with kids last summer and encountered similar issues, so there's definitely something here..
thanks for mockup too! :)
thanks for the feedback ronen! those are really good ideas - I'd love to make bitsy more accessible at some point. I should think about if there are some smaller things I could do right away :)