Creating a custom block model
Custom blocks can be created using any modeling software that allows exporting to OBJ. There are a few guidelines to make sure custom blocks will work properly:
- Maximum block size is 1 × 1 × 1 meter.
- UV maps are generated and/or overwritten by Asset Forge.
- No groups or hierarchy, all mesh data should be in the root.
- The pivot point should be the center and floor of your block.
Sample custom block:
Creating a custom collection/mod
Creating custom collections is easy.
1. Create a new folder in [Asset Forge installation]/Collections/ with the name of your collection.
2. Place any OBJ (and MTL, textures) in the folder.
3. The objects should appear in Asset Forge upon restarting.
4. You can share the folder with other users for wholesomeness.
Templates for modeling software
We'll be creating templates for various software (including Blender, SketchUp, C4D, 3DS Max and Maya) soon.