Thanks for trying it out!
João Eiras Antunes
Recent community posts
hey guys, one of the creators here.
Yes, the game aims to make you feel out of control. Controls are not traditional and require some getting used to. However, I will explain some of the mechanics and goals.
The main goal is to kill your opponent by hitting him with the bullets you shoot. Simple as that.
- You have to pick up bullets in order to be able to shoot them.
- The more you charge the shot before you shoot it, the more the bullet will survive teleportation jumps.
- Whenever you shoot at a wall, the bullet will teleport to the other field, keeping the expected angle it would have if it was bouncing of a normal wall. So the bullets will start on your field, jump to the other field, get back in your, etc. There's a reason we chose for a pentagon as the playing field as they are quite magical geometrical shapes.
- On your field, you see your bullets - that cannot hit you - as white, and the opponents bullets - that can hit you - as blue. So dodge the blue bullets.
- Whenever you are shooting, you cannot move. So time that decision well and commit to it. Getting hit will interrupt you bullet charge.
- First player to drain the other player's life - the dots at the bottom of the screen - wins.
Hope this clears some of the confusion!
Thanks! We had no time to implement a proper tutorial but will do so in a post jam version, where the shuriken was replaced by another weapon with different, more readable behaviour but with the same outcome.
Hey! That's an unfortunate bug that we didn't have time to fix it. Only way is to reload and don't die on that level :P.
We will release a version with several bug fixes and better explanation of the mechanics later