Recent community posts
Hey - I just released Patch 1.2.1.002 and added a Trailer video:
Here are the fixes/improvements for this patch.
- Added a settings screen.
- This includes alot of bugs!! Apologies but the main feature of this settings screen is so that you can DISABLE NIGHT TIME!! aka Enviro :) People have been complaining about the darkness and length of the night, so now you can disable or enable it from the first tab in the settings. The settings can be accessed from the pause (ESC) > settings menu.
- Please note that this is not persisted! every time you start the game, you must disable Enviro if you wanna get rid of the night time.
- Added a quick Help overlay - hold Z to get information on the controls + display of the default sailing screen. This will be expanded to all screens in an upcoming patch. There is one known issue with the Telescope view - you can tap the telescope button twice in order to get around it currently. :)
- Added Music :)
- With limited audio control - but it should hopefully add some more atmosphere.
- Alot of optimistaions.
- Added some multi threading and improvements to AI line of sight, targetting, target leading and firing.
- Added some images and icons to the game as well as more loading screen images and information.
Thanks so much for all the feedback and comments so far. I'm super happy with the way the demo has been received.
I really hope you enjoy the improvements of this patch :)
I am proud to announce that I have released a Single Player Demo version of my Multiplayer Pirate game on Itch :) https://irishjohngames.itch.io/rise-of-piracy
This is a stripped down "Capture the Island" scenario for people to try it out and see the different systems working together.
Main features include:
- Roaming NPC Ships
- Large open world with plenty of Islands
- A few populated islands with defensive forts
- One large island with plenty of defenses including Ships, Soldiers and forts!
- A domination style capture system where players must send members of their crew to shore and invade the island, fighting enemy squads on the way.
Not included in demo features:
- Ports and Trading
- Player owned-fleets which can be hired at ports that can be commanded in the same way as the troops
- Large scale player fleet vs
- Ship Upgrades
- Cooperative modes
- Story mode
- Many different Scenarios
- Player vs player
- Capture the island modes!
- Free for all
- Teams of 2! (2v2v2v2v2)
- 3v3/4v4 etc.
Here is a video of a past multiplayer playtest - here you can see a cooperative island invasion mission being completed: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387219889
I hope to open the multiplayer up in future patches and include some more levels before we enter alpha.
I stream all of my development on my twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/IrishJohnGaming and I post regular updates to my twitter: https://twitter.com/IrishJohnGaming and Discord server: https://discord.gg/QeH9yhd
Thanks so much for trying out the game, and hope you enjoy :)