Tried the demo, here are my thoughts!
FYI, I didn't finish it because I had to leave. I only killed the first big cat and reached the last key at the bottom (the one inside a small box). Then tried to return but it was impossible to land a jump on a moving platform.
First, good things!
- Music choice, great
- Art, especially characters
- Story sounds cool
Things that didn't feel good
- Moving L or R is really hard on the air because if I jump already moving to one side, there's no way to stop/change direction, or at least break. This is noticeable when trying to move between platforms or landing "precision" movements.
- Attack feels "laggy". The time from pressing the key to when the attack is actually performed makes harder to land hits, even easy ones. Combine that with #1 and you get almost impossible combo of jump+attack to hit things in the air.
- I didn't have much time to play but the big bad cat doesn't have much room to move which made him even less threatening than the other 1hp enemies.
- When jumping and touching a wall, that decreases the height of the jump.
I feel like with #1, 2 (maybe 4 as well) you might be trying to add some realism to the game. I guess the question is how much is that design choice helping the game. If you want to keep them, I would redesign the levels to match the movement style.
Thanks and keep the good work!