That error message usually relates to insufficient GPU memory available to load in the city. How much VRAM do you have on your machine? It may also help to keep your video drivers up to date or try a better graphics performance setting on Windows. If this issue persists, I am releasing a new update in a few weeks which has improved the video overhead, so hopefully will help.
Recent community posts
With this alpha testing version you can already hijack cars, steal drugs, trash hotel rooms, murder citizens, blow up boats, listen to the radio, set people on fire, throw bricks & rocks, shoot rockets and otherwise behave like a terrible person much like you can in other open world games.
Play the new demo for free - I hope you find it fun!
Currently only compatible with machines running Microsoft Windows.
Features available in this version:
- 80 unique vehicles
- 26 different weapons
- 2 hours of exclusive in-game radio
- massive 3D city to explore
- dozens of interior levels including shops, clubs & train stations
- destructible scenery & many interactive objects
- rich 3D sound inc. Doppler effects
- branching dialogue for NPCs & story missions
- you can earn/steal money to buy new cars & weapons
- 60fps and widescreen ready (with other video modes available)
- cheat codes!
- no ads or micro-transactions, just play & enjoy!
Contains violence, sex & drug references so not suitable for kids.