Put a golden dice on ballista is allowed, but stays in place each turn (and then can be put on the round table, etc.)
Recent community posts
Hi, here are some feedback after some games (sorry, I put all in one post):
(warning: some problems may be due to my poor English)
- The rules are difficult to assimilate, and I understand that tutorial and easy runs are necessary, but as it stands, they are not fun. Maybe we could have one or two buildings (already built) on these parts to have some power over the dice.
- I had trouble understanding that I didn't have to choose a mission to return to the starting screen. When you launch, you click on the arrow that goes up, and I had the feeling I had to choose before the first roll of the die. Maybe a downward arrow could make it clear that you can change the screen as you wish.
- it also took me a while to understand that you could put more than three dice on the armies cards.
- I need to fly over the buildings every turn, because I have trouble remembering which one has which action. Some icons might help.
- I often try to drag and drop dice on objects, I don't understand why their use is different from the rest of the game (buildings, missions...).
- I had some bugs: I was allowed to use a golden die on my buildings. it was funny on the woodcutter (I created a normal dice) but it was a little easy on the towers (the dice became permanent). I also had (quite often) an infinite woodcutter.
- Balance thinking: woodcutter is not expensive enough. It is very useful to do n-of-a-kind things and fill in the round table (the only nightmare run I've ever won, I had a woodcutter).
That's a lot of remarks, but I really enjoyed playing after overcoming the difficult barrier of assimilating rules!
Hi, here is an attempt to fix it: https://framadrop.org/r/Ow4Xg909c4#1PRrWInaRR24oDG0egaTHu0mN/n2SphNyNFZGGWukUI=
Can you try it and tell me if it solves the problem for the palette window or for all windows or for none?
If none, you can try to press f12 with the focus on the main window (the one with the menus) and see if there are any error messages in the console....
setting.json was an idea, but if its deletion doesn't change anything, it's not that.
I suppose the bug happens even with a new project?
Which version do you use? I'm going to try a quick fix but I'm not sure that that solves the problem...
Uh, strange. Maybe it's the file settings.json (that keeps the swatches) that's corrupted...
You can try to delete it (after send it to me (dunin(at)laposte.net) so I can debug the program). The location of the file depends on the OS and whether you use the itch application.
For example, on windows, it is C:\Users\yourUserName\AppData\Local\Paint Of Persia\User Data\Default\settings.json
Thank's for reply!
I'm really exiting to play your games!
Sadly I had a hard week and can't finish my game for now (maybe in April?)
@simpleroot : a detective game is nothing else. And I think that compute papers have a good investigation feeling...
@MiniBobbo : Cool. In my mind, the tricky part is to have only one possible solution, without doubt, like a chess problem...
(now my secret hope is taht someone pick up the first idea but don't say it...)
Hey, here are some ideas I don't do (I keep one idea for me, if I found time to do it),
feel free to take or comment it, I write this post because I think it could be fun little games and I am sad to not doing it.
idea 1: the Borges way.
Inspired by An Examination of the Work of Herbert Quain. A basic dialog game. A kinda bad game: not challenging and really linear.
But one sentence at the end, reveals to you, that the detective you was playing was wrong. And if you get it, and you think about it, you can found the real solution....
(in he Borges' short, the sentence is: "Everybody were thinking that the meeting between the two chess players was fortuitous" (my bad translation of the french translation I had)
idea 2: the Papers, Please way.
(and Last express way too). You are a papers detective. You never move to your chair, just read reports. The screen is your desk.
You have two detective who works for you, at the start of your day, you can give your orders (interrogate, follow, confront suspects, or examine some place, etc.) (give orders via phone?) , then you read the reports of the last day.
When you think you have the solution, you prepare the folder for the judge: you can only put a limited number of reports (4? 5?) in the folder. Then you will just be informed of the judge's decision (classified case, arrest but acquittal, etc.)
idea 3: the logical way.
more simple game. you have a map of the place of a murder (with a corpse in a room), and suspects to put on the map for three different moments (before the murder, during the murder and after).
Each suspects have one affirmation for each moment ("I heard something at the room", "I was in the kitchen", "I move on", "I was with one person", etc.).
The goal is to place each suspect at the right place: the combination where all the affirmations are right, except those of the murderer (who can lie or not). And so found the murderer.
This fit well for a procedural game (but the hard part is to generate problem with a unique solution).
That's all. If someone do one of this games, I will be very proud. If not, I'm already happy that this ideas are somewhere and not just forgotten (this is a sort of memo post too)...
(and sorry for the big post in bad English)
Hi, I'm not a lawyer and I think it depends on a lot of things (is it recognizable? how do you use it, etc.)
In other hand, there are a lot of things to rotoscope in public domain, for which you are sure to have the right to use it!
Nice and original use of Paint Of Persia. I'm proud !
Works on linux, I just had to change some permissions
(open terminal on the folder, then type once:
sudo chmod +x NSFWare data/ags32
and to play:
Hey, sorry about the delay,
Lot of work, and Ludum Dare..
I don't really understand what means "rotoscoping in Rt"
Rotoscoping is frame-by-frame work, so it's not very suitable for real-time stuff, no?
Or do you want to have a video player (or webcam display) in a paint of persia window?
Wow, really weird, I can't reproduce it. But sorry for the bug, I will try to fix it...
Can you give-me more precision:
- if you open the Quick Guide (in the "?" section), do you see John Steed?
- Is the bug already effective at open or is it a thing that arrived after you move the window or resize it?
- Can you send-me a screenshot with an indication of the area where canvas work and where it doesn't?
Hy, thanks for suggestions.
1: there already is an import option, for .aco .gpl and .png files (the little arrow on the bottom-right of color picker), if you think another type is missing, I will add it.
2: It's an hidden feature (because it isn't stable for now): right-click on pipette to activate and pipette will work with the image behind too.
3: In my opinion, it's out of the scope of this tool; I know it's hard but rotoscoping is handmade paint and have better result because you do choices...
Nice version! Love the style!
I didn't know the board game, but it looks really great!
I just have two suggestion after my first game:
- can you show the hierarchy of colors somewhere (top-right?) ? After few games, it will be obvious, maybe, but it's hard to remember when we start...
- can you underline cubes added on cards (second line), sometime, i didn't notice them.
(oh and can you added "windows" on itch, for the itch app?...)
(oh(bis) the "discard" arrow (when you can use a card multiple times) is under the cards on the right)
Hey funny game, simple but awesome idea, and well executed!
here is a typo for french version (2players - rafale) : "gagnez par devinant toutes les photos correctement" -> "gagnez en devinant correctement toutes les photos"
(and even in this way it is a bit strange - strange but not totally wrong...)
Hi, I did a bug fix (v 0.3.1) that corrects this bug (test on OSX 10.10.5, but must work for all).
That's not the full support of mac spec (I want to set menu on the mac way and bundle an app...) but it is usable with nw.js, and you would be able to open your .ptop files!
Hi, sorry for that strange bug, I have to investigate...
But normally if you could save, animations aren't lost (check if save files aren't empty, you can open it with a text editor)
What are your configuration and the version you use? Did you use a sandbox?
And just to be sure I understand well: can you tell me exactly when you get the error, after browsing and choosing a file I guess?