I loved this when it came out It has a griminess that TTS doesn't have on the board pieces graphics and has a really focused art direction. For what it is, it's still great.
Recent community posts
After giving this about an hour and a half to 2 hours, I have some little bits of feedback.
- There is a good balance of consuming and sacrificing items however see note #4
- The quips from the monsters are very good
- Some monsters are very hard to beat early on, so it discourages branching off early on if I want to trying for higher rewards vs the risk. Instead I just want to figure out an optimal order
- The main boss has a good difficulty, where it is winnable and if you beat him and win the game, you still feel like replaying to see the other bosses. I can still see myself playing a few more hours in this version to see if I can find new bosses and items that branch off. I almost feel like there might be some intentionally really difficult content to discover late in the branch
- The boss hitboxes are somewhat difficult to judge (or maybe the player's projectile is too small)
Overall I am impressed with how nicely the game is presented and how neatly it was wrapped up for LD44. There is a feeling of completion and still wanting to discover more at the same time from the time I played. I would definitely play additional content in an expanded version.
I'm going to wait for the LotusPrince let's play. #1 reason is I'm too scared to enter the gulag alone. Perhaps add a "Peaceful" mode with no Hiroshi? Can you forward my feedback to P'Tony Dataworks?
Thank you so much. I wasn't expecting anything to come out of it. I am really glad you experienced something meaningful from it. That's what every developer wishes will come out of their games.