Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

Daytona675x

3
Posts
1
Followers
A member registered Mar 20, 2018

Recent community posts

(2 edits)

Sound issue: it's a MorphOS bug, apparently related to its WBRun. Workaround: don't run the game via "launcher" icon (which is nothing but a script that ultimately does a WBRun on one of the real executables) but use the respective _MOS icon directly.

Flickering: again, apparently a MorphOS bug on your system. The game uses TinyGL for rendering on MOS. This includes screen and double/triplebuffer setups. So if anything flickers, then the culprit is there inside TGL.

Also, check out readme and relnotes, if you have further questions.

(1 edit)

It won't run playable in FS-UAE, only WinUAE 3.6.1 so far.
An A4000 3.1 40.68 Kickstart is good. But as being said: forget it with FS-UAE.

But why not use Wine? Dunno if their PC version works, but:

While I developed the Amiga version and completely minced the original code I also created a Win32 "waste product" en passant.
It's practically identical to the Amiga version (e.g. software rendering, OpenAL for sound, all fixes and optimizations I made) and uses the techniques I also used for other games I wrote before - which all work flawlessly via Wine.

Besides that: that Win32 build runs circles around the official PC version performance-wise (~ 850 to more than 1000 fps on my Windows machine, or even better: more than 300 fps on my i5 notebook in situations where the official Steam version drops to 15 fps on that machine... ). Only drawback: like the Amiga versions it's based on version 19.44 of the game.

Who knows, maybe Pixwerk donate me enough to get it :D

It does, when I tried it ran on FS-UAE but was way too slow. *BUT*:
it runs in latest WinUAE 3.6.1 (earlier versions had broken sound here) under AmigaOS4. Right now fullscreen-mode doesn't work (at least not with the std. PicassoIV emu, I will change that soon though), but window-mode works flawlessly.
In fact, when running the game inside that WinUAE in a 480x270 window, then it runs almost as fast as the native official PC Steam version on my same PC (i7 4790K), which should give you a nice hint by how much I accelerated the original code...