nadia!! Thank you for sharing such a lovely experience ❤️. Grateful for you and our conversations on the story while I was finishing it — means the world you got so much out of it.
Recent community posts
Hi there! My name's Ana, I'm a reporter over at the Daily Dot. We're interested in covering Nyx Gaming this week and the relationship between hypnokink and gaming. Would you be open to answering a few questions for our story? Let me know if so, my email is: email@example.com. Cheers!
Hi there! My name's Ana Valens, I'm a writer for the Daily Dot. I'm interested in covering Extended Stay! Would you be up for a quick interview? Shoot me an email if so: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Harlekin! Which browser are you using? I know TOR and Brave have issues with playing Twine games. In the meantime, I have an experimental .exe build I could send to you -- let me know the best way to reach you, and I'll do just that.
Hi Dioinecail! Thanks for reaching out. I'm experimenting with a standalone executable at the moment, although I'm still testing the HTML -> .exe conversion process. In the meantime, a few troubleshooting suggestions for playing the game online:
1.) Make sure you have Java running and installed.
2.) Try reopening this webpage through incognito mode. Add-ons may be causing issues with running the Twine in the browser.
3.) Try an alternate browser, such as Firefox or Opera.
Let me know if you continue to have problems, and if so, I can send you the alpha version of the executable.
Hi there Valentin!! Thank you so, so much for such a wonderful and positive comment <3. It means the world to me. Callie and I can't wait to continue Blood Pact. Keep an eye out during the next couple months, too, as BP isn't the only trans erotica story I'm working on! ;)
Hey Dan! That's so awesome to hear! Really glad to see your game is up and out there!
Hmm, I'm not sure if we would be able to, since the jam ended a couple months back. But I'd love to host another one down the road!
Hi everyone! Hope your game developing, writing, designing, and creating is going well!! I've been working on our visual novel here, and our team is currently in the process of converting the final script into Ren'Py. Exciting stuff!!
Anyway, as March comes to a close and April begins, I figured we should start the new month with a motivational "recommended reading" topic. Post some articles from writers, designers, and critics in games that you consider inspiring or informative!
I'll start with Aevee Bee's latest article for ZEAL, "How To Make A Plan To Write A Visual Novel In A Month So You Can Finish It In Three And A Half Months." It's a fascinating postmortem look at developing We Know the Devil with Mia Schwartz. Bee discusses the tool she used to write the game, and the steps she took to turn starting drafts into final drafts. Definitely recommend giving it a read!
Happy (belated) February everyone! To get our motivation and inspiration going, I have a question for you:
Over the past few weeks, what's one major step you took towards your game's development?
Maybe you created placeholders, or finished working on your first draft. Whatever it is, feel free to share it here!
As for myself, I successfully laid down the foundation of my first draft, and only have to finish the final player choice branch. Just a few more lines, and I'm ready for my second draft. I'm super pumped!
A little late here, but I'm participating with two friends! I'm serving as writer and general project manager, with my friend Milo doing artwork, and my friend Amy doing Ren'Py programming.
I'm nearly finished with my first draft, and I'm super excited to start posting updates as we get further into Sweets Jam. Glad to see everyone else is excited too :D
Welcome everyone - nice to meet you all! Feel free to use the community section to discuss anything related to the jam, including:
- Project announcements
- Game design advice
- Collaboration requests
- Questions about using specific programs
- Feedback and chit-chat about the current jam structure
Just as a reminder, make sure to check out the community rules below! These rules are as of January 10th, 2016.
- FemHype is a positive and inclusive environment, and we want to make sure the community section on here is too. As per the official FAQ, remember to be supportive and constructive. Do not belittle or dismiss your fellow developers - that goes against the entire spirit of the jam.
- Please keep posts on-topic. Too many off-topic posts can clutter the front page. If you'd like to chit chat, feel free to check out the off-topic thread stickied on the front page.
- No spamming or double-posting topics! If a thread was accidentally double-posted, shoot us a report so we can keep the forums tidy.
- The community section will be open to the public, so we could use your help keeping an eye on the forums. If you feel that a post is breaking the rules, please shoot us a report. Appropriate action will be taken based on the severity of the issue.
- From time to time, new rules may be added to keep the community section running smoothly. Jillian and Ana reserve the right to create new rules as need be. Any updates will be announced on the forum section and stickied to the top, so keep an eye out during the months ahead!