I am into the fire level so far. Some thoughts after playing a bit:
- Crystals sometimes land over holes and float or out of bounds.
- Teleportation bubbles blend in a whole lot with the background, lots of them all over the map when doing the run, even if you haven't died? Was a bit confused about that not sure if intended.
- Flying seed ghost can land on bar even if immediate death is result/over hole, doesn't feel good when it happens accidentally.
- Would like to have "shoulder" buttons change seed type 1 slot and pause, unpause 1 second or so after the last shoulder button pressed. Died a few times due to changing seed type when too close to enemy and having to have finger on A button instead of a stick to unpause.
- Feels like there should be a bigger reward for reaching the 1/4 map friendly zones? Maybe a heal to 3 hearts? Or having the special seed type unlock zones appear there if you didn't teleport up instead of mid level? They are such a big reward that having them used that way would make sense.
- Loosing multiple hearts when falling in a hole was very unintuitive. I didn't understand it until I read how it worked on here. 1 heart is probably enough with the pain of having to go up again still making checkpoints worth placing nearly the same as they are now.
- If you die from falling in a hole, would like that to happen right away maybe?
- The "last heart" warning noise kinda gets in the way and don't think it made me care any more about my health level.
- I didn't understand (and maybe still don't?) the antidote seed. But seems like it should only appear if you already have the mushroom seed?
- When ending run where you teleported, path on the map maybe should start at the zone you teleported too? Actually the whole teleporting thing I am not sure how I feel about. It might make the higher levels more special if it just didn't exist?
- I kind of wanted to have the bar move faster, seems like there would be some problems with leaderboard etc if the user could choose speed though. I haven't beaten the game yet so don't know what happens (working on it) but maybe a hard/pro mode or something where the bar is faster? It seems like it might actually make the game easier if there aren't other differences as well though, more holes etc.
- The score seems based only on distance, not sure? Having it be a factor of speed, enemies killed, seeds planted, crystals/gold picked up, lack of deaths, would give more competitiveness. See the leader-board thing, maybe some of that is already planned?
- Would like to be able to skip the loading/splash screen on click if it is just a visual.
- Enemies that jump from off-screen killing you is a bit frustrating. The black slug things that rotate and jump from below, the ones that create and pop out of holes from above.
Game is amazing!