Thanks for the feedback! I will try to incorporate some of that if I put out an update. As always, it's super hard to balance these things. I was actually considering making it much harder because I find it way too easy as the developer. A few tips:
- Use your bump attack when monsters have 1 health left. Otherwise try to use spells from as far away as possible
- Confuse/sleep might let you get free hits. Poison and fire will do damage over time, so it's best to kite monsters with it
- You can rotate to pass a turn if you need to
- The safest thing to do is run for the exit. Avoid picking new powers if you're in a weak position because they spawn monsters. Monsters also spawn if you stay for long enough.
- Since the recharge icon (blue @) recharges all spokes, it's best to exhaust your spell wheel before picking them up