Hi there. Don't worry about it, your criticism is always constructive.
- the reason for this is I wanted to emphasize that you had a choice between spawning, or transform current blobs. I will distinguish the 2 further as you suggest. I will probably go with low effort and simply put a different color for available points. I won't allow to disable current blobs I will go into this later.
- I will adjust this a little after jam: add an outline to the buff sprite, and allow unselect with right clic.
- I will try to think of a small additionnal puzzle element to "Olympic games" ;)
- It is indeed a fail-safe so that performance don't drop with too much blobs. If you find a wait to exploit it I think I will leave it for thinking outside the box.
- I am puzzled about inconsistency, behavior should be the same. If you can remember a bit more about this I would be curious to know. I performed multiple playthrough and didn't notice this.
- stop sign are a bit underwhelming indeed.
- blobs disappearing on upper screen is a bug that slipped by, thanks for letting me know. I will fix after jam.
- I understand your annoyance about not being able to cancel. The initial goal was to fit as much as possible in the theme "sacrifices must be made". If I had to expand on the game, I would rather add a power to self destruct the blob, at a cost. As for the last level, you shouldn't need to restart a lot: there are 15 spare points when doing the designed solution. My guess is you probably went for a bit more difficult solution execution-wise. There are spare points in every level, if a level is too hard on execution I would rather go with more spare points. An alternative if I expand on the game would be a pause, but to be honest I will probably invest my time in another title I am currently working on ;)
Thanks for your detailed feedback !