Thank you ;) There is a secret sequel, don't tell anybody !
Recent community posts
Hi narF :)
No they are not:
- jump calls mini-jump stat
- jump! calls jum stat
- jump!! calls big jump stat
If you fail the mini jump, you jump too far (not far enough for the others). It's just a matter of odds !
To me, the game refusing you to play as a woman was the harshest thing I could come up with, I thought it was the best way of conveying that particular message. That said, I made the character appearance as neutral as possible so that everyone can identify ;)
There are 3 endings, and one is good ! Choices matters, different players will have different outcomes.
Thank you for playing :)
I have just posted a new game: https://joqlepecheur.itch.io/the-nice-necromancer
There is one slight problem however, the cover image and 2 screenshots won't display. This is the first time I encounter such an issue, I post quite a lot of games :)
Edit - solved: expected behaviour for browser games
This is a valid point and the reason there are only 20 checks. If you think about it, is 1/3 such bad odds 😉?
Frustration is part of the experience! Do not worry though, I won't include such an unfair mechanic in future games, at least not with those consequences
Well you got the point :)
It has been popular because it was an easy way to increase what a player can do when you are limited technically. Even now, you can't always have a player skill based action for everything. How do you know if you succeed in a surgery? If your character is able to lift a rock or a boulder ?
As for D&D, people like it because you are only limited by the collective imagination. A game is a different media, you can't really compare.
Even on starcraft, you can hardly find more skill in a game, units have a chance to dodge hits when shot from lower ground :) League of legends also has random elements.
By enforcing skill based action only, what a player can do is limited by the work of the developpers. RPG fun does not come from rolling a dice to perform an action but to be able to choose what action to perform at what time.
:) always use extra candidate when you can !
- you randomly roll the dice 1-100
- difficulty starts low (-50) and goes up
- if you roll lower than skill - difficulty you win! (exemple: difficulty 20, your skill is 50, you must roll 30 or less)
Read if you are interested in what is to come, but the section is spoiler heavy :)
The list is VERY incomplete, this is mainly a list for myself to keep track of certain things due to the huge amount of stuff I still have to do.
- complete lava world
- Scan feature (reveal some traps and hidden pathways)
- Gargantua, release small bots
- Narator bot
- Phaser, cross obstacles by changing dimensions
- Driller, can destroy a few stone blocks
- Mini-bomb, strong explosion
- Fire-resistant bots
- Gun slinger
- Metal head
- Lava plains
- Lava cave
- Swamp lands
- Moutain levels
- Teleport pathway
- Dwellers dimension
- spike balls
- Fishes in water level
- Grass in plains
- Foutain in temple
- Elements to break repetiveness in temple
- Animate lava world
- additionnal song for world1
- songs for every world
- glass bot breaking
- narrator bot phrases
For version 1.0
- single additionnal challenge for each level
- Record time feature in each level
- sky platform
- artificial continent
All changes will be recorded here, please report bugs if encounter one
2017-05-03 0.0.2.7 Demo:
- cosmetic additions to the 3 outdoor levels available
2017-04-17 0.0.2.6 Demo:
- can now skip cinematics
- in last world 1 level, secret is now apparent (scanner will be needed in final release)
2017-04-16 0.0.2.5 Demo:
- added simulation feature to make tweaking orders interesting:
- unlocked in level 6
- world map upgrade icon
- available in give order phase in left upper corner
- speed x2, no collision with foes but elevators and moving objects accelerated as well
- in level 1, replaced all tutorial text by flashing boxes
You roll the dice:
- if dice roll < (skill - difficulty) success
- if dice roll =< 5 super success
- if dice roll > 95 epic fail !
The better the stat, the better the odds ! but difficulty is not the same everywhere :)
I would like to introduce my current project, Cool Headed
Cool Headed objective is very simple, you start on the left and you must reach the objective on the right (you see the little pole to the right? Yup that's it).
To reach the goal, you will often need to combine your robots abilities
There is only one major problem...
...you can't directly control your robots !
Instead, comes is a very simple system of orders to give to your robots:
- super easy to use
- no programmation required, just lazily click with your mouse
- the satisfaction to see your plan come to life :)
- if you fail, you can repeat as much as you want with little adjustments
All of this takes place on an overworld full of secrets and mystery ;)
Try the demo or the alpha on itch.io : https://joqlepecheur.itch.io/cool-headed
I am really looking forward to your feedbacks !
I am officially launching my latest game, Cool Headed
Cool Headed is a lemmings like with a small team of robots, demo is available here:
You can vote for it on greenlight:
Game will of course be available on itch.io and updated as it progress.
Thanks a lot for the feedback and the extra effort to use all robots.
Yes, I plan on having "up" work as well, I wouldn't want new players to miss the extra context. I will correct typo as well now that I am aware of it, I guess within the week.
I have uploaded a new version, would you perhaps be willing to go to the area with slowdowns ? Hopefully, it should at least be a little better.
I also fixed a small typo.
Could you also try talking to the "butler" and "rebel" bots ? (Enter)
Hello, thank you for the comment.
Game is shorter than DWD, but I ended up putting more work to allow player to get upgrades in any order.
There a 3 types of endings:
- classic endings (2 choices)
- rebel endings (1 "bad", 1 "good")
- weird alien ending
Although I am currently working on other projects, I will make sure to have a look within the month and try to correct the issue. If I remember correctly you were the one to raise the lag issue in DWD and the game ended up being better after the fix so thank you for letting me know :)
Those lists will evolve, this topic is here to keep track of what is happening with the game and log the changes. If you notice a bug, don't hesitate to notify me.
- auto-recharge cooldowns when passing through a savepoint without saving? Would do it if speedrunners ask for it
- remove space to access savepoints? Won't do it unless there's a real demand for it.
- increase damage feedback (flashing sprite? more electricity?)
Won't be updated
- music: beyond my ability for now and the tools at my disposal, quality will probably improve in future games
- faster cooldown on speed ability: people wanting to finish the game faster can increase their time by clever use of savepoints. Low cooldown would negate this aspect.I might consider tweaking them a little more.
- map: there are only 6 levels, with 3 to 6 rooms. A map would be overkill, and update 0.7.2.0 lessen the interest of having a map for 100% completion
- robot art: it is a bit cheap compared to the rest but changing it has too much of an impact, not just visually.
- optimisation to airship interior performances
- up arrow added to initiate dialog with rebel and calculator bots
- minor typos
- added a new alternate ending path
- few fixes with sounds coming from nowhere
- little tweaks
- added a new NPC: calculator bot
- an hologram shows your progress unlocking the flying bot
- allow jump as "confirm" in hacks and for "rebel" dialog
- slight music behavior changes to hub and savannah area (small delay before starting)
- explorer mind interface cursor position when choosing "back"
- minor cosmetic changes to cliff, savannah, temple, small collision adjustments in temple and fix in a hack terminal phase
- save-point added before challenge room 3. dying there wasn't fun
- a red cross indicates if you have found every artefact in a level
- "game saved" notification when saving the game
- message pops up with mini bot to tell player he needs access terminal technology
- slightly more diffuse sound in waterfall temple entrance
- up arrow was missing to access terminal with upgrade
- faster cooldown on jump ability
- changed some buttons : let me know if you are unhappy with buttons or notice bugs, I had to adapt some areas to match change.
The game is fully finished but I expect to make a few bug fix if necessary.
If you discover a strange hidden room with undecipherable characters, you've stumbled upon the "dwellers room". I am considering expanding the game by adding challenging trials and enigmas that will ultimately unlock a new ending in future versions depending on the feedback. It holds no function currently.