This was a really great game. Watching this little system of moving blobs is incredibly satisfying. The music and minimalist art go together in building this mysterious atmosphere. I love how each blob type feels very distinct from each other as well.
Criticism wise I have a lot more to say, though I'll specify now that the game is great, it's just much easier to think of criticisms than compliments and I imagine more helpful.
- Having a separate square for the number of blobs and actually spawning one feels off, especially since all other units have the number next to them. I'm guessing there was a reason for this but some distinction between the counter and buttons would help to alleviate this quirk.
- Some polish with the "buff blobs" would be nice, such as having selected boxes glow and being able to right click to disable a blob. I know in terms of practicality, having a blob on the end of your cursor doesn't change anything but it feels off having it stuck there until used.
- A couple of the levels (marathon or something like that) felt un-puzzly, more just a case of the solution was obvious but I needed to execute it. This the exception rather than the rule however so its not a big deal.
- After a while, the green blobs built up on the final level and stopped spawning. I'm guessing this was more of a fail-safe than a feature but it felt quite exploitable.
- Some blobs acted inconsistently IE making jumps sometimes, other times not.
- The stop signs felt a bit weak compared to the other powers. I only used them when they were introduced and necessary. They felt quite arbitrary and unpractical.
- Blobs went up off the top of the screen but never came back down. I'm guessing this was deliberate but it felt off for them to just vanish.
- Finally, my biggest issue. Not having the ability to in anyway delete blobs or undo your mistakes can be very annoying and tedious. I understand this could be exploitable but perhaps having the ability to delete a unit one time would be the best of both worlds. As is, having to restart the final level over and over because my timing was slightly off on clicking a fast moving blob felt very unfair and I almost gave up at that point.
Criticisms aside, even with the inability to undo mistakes the game still holds up really well.