I'm still confused about FAQ no.2.
What part are you confused about?
2. What counts for the "Pre-existing assets that were not created specifically for the contest" clause of rule 1 of the official rules?
This clause is mainly focused on allowing people to use pre-existing assets such as RPG Maker resource packs, Unity Store assets, Unity Frameworks, RPG Maker Plugins, and similar items that are publicly available, for purchase or for free.
It does also include materials that you had made for a previous project, as long as you can prove that it was not made for the IGMC project. An example of proof would be:
- A previously released game containing the material.
- Old posts (Pre-IGMC 2018 announce) on forums/blogs that clearly show that it was made for another project.
So, my question:
1) Can I use default tileset and characters that I own RPG Maker MV and previous for this competition?
2) I still can use my previous project for this competition?
FAQ 2 is only about pre-existing MATERIALS (sprites/models/music/plugins/frameworks/etc), not about pre-existing games. FAQ 3 deals with pre-existing projects.
The main point of that clause is to allow things like the RPG Maker RTPs and items from the Unity Asset Store, etc. So yes you can use the assets that come with RPG Maker.
You can not use a preexisting game.
Pre-existing materials like RTP and assets allowed. Check.
No pre-existing project like made project before the beginning of the competition. Understood.
What if we made an external tool for a specific project before the contest started? are we allowed to use that tool in our IGMC project?